In my previous articles, I have covered in detail the procedure to apply for exit re-entry visa and the process to follow if exit re-entry visa expires while you are outside Saudi Arabia. Here I shall be describing about the procedure to follow if exit re-entry visa of any of your dependents expires while you are in Saudi Arabia. In such situation, you will have to take action since you are the Kafeel of your dependents. Normally, if exit re-entry visa expires while you are out of Saudi Arabia, you cannot come back unless your Kafeel makes some serious efforts for you. In the following paragraphs, I will be explaining about the procedure to bring back your family or family member to Saudi Arabia if their exit re-entry visa expires. Major contributor of the below procedure is Mr. Ace Navea. He took all the pictures of the below documents and sent it to me along with detailed procedure. There is an Online Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry Visa as well. You can also look at that procedure.
Is your dependent entitled to come back to Saudi Arabia after expiry of Iqama?
- First of all, you have to make sure that Iqama of your dependent is valid. If Iqama of your dependent is not valid, you are gone! Nothing can be done in such situation. You can check the iqama expiry date through this link “Check Iqama Expiry Date”
- If Iqama is valid second point is to check the expiry date of Exit Re-entry visa. Any valid Iqama holder can enter to Saudi Arabia after expiry of exit re-entry visa within 7 months. If he is a student, this period is extended to 13 months. However, the condition of Iqama validity will still prevail. 7 and 13 months are counted from the date of expiry of exit re-entry visa.
Manual Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry Visa after Expiry
- Now you need to go to the Jawazat Office to get Family Registration Document. In this document all the members of the family will be mentioned. You just need to present your iqama to them to do this process. This form will be like this.
- After that, you need to go to Abshir Office inside the Jawazat office. You will have to fill a form there which is all about your family details e.g. date of expiry of exit re-entry visa etc. The officer there will sign and stamp the form. This is to make sure that the family member whose extension of exit re-entry visa you are applying is your legitimate family member. It is also called Maloomat an Muqeem. Both of these documents need to be attested by the Ministry of Interior.
- You need a letter requesting directly the Saudi Embassy of the country where your family member is overstaying to extend the visa period of the family member and allow him to enter to Saudi Arabia. The format of this letter can be obtained from the agents sitting in front of the Jawazat office. This letter needs to be signed by you as well as your employer.
- You also need a letter from your employer requesting Ministry of Interior to attest the above two documents obtained from Jawazat office.
- After that, both of these letters should be stamped by the chamber of commerce of the city where you are residing. We have listed down some important points for attestation of documents from Chamber of Commerce. I would recommend you to read them before personally visiting chamber of commerce. Sample letter is also given below.
- All the documents (two documents from Jawazat office attested by MOI and one letter attested by COC needs to be further attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If the over stayer is a student and period of overstay has increased 7 months, he needs a letter from his school / university detailing that he is currently student of that institution. This letter should also be attested by the Notary Public or from any other institution to the satisfaction of the Saudi Embassy.
- Surrender all these documents to the agent you have hired for this purpose in your home country and ask him to process your visa ASAP. The stamped visa will be like this.
Important Note from Ace Navea
- My advice to anyone who wants to extend their dependent's re-entry visa is to first contact an Agent/Agency from your home country. Talk to him and let them tell you what exactly the Saudi Embassy requires because end of the day it is the embassy of Saudi Arabia in your country who will approve the request. It took me a month because of this uncertainty. I only prepare the first 3 documents here in KSA. I did not go or do anything in MOFA. I let the agent in my country pay for the visa which cost only less than SR 200.
- Raja: As per my knowledge,
the visa extension MOI office is in Riyadh. The location Olaya Street, opposite
Saudi airlines head office, near McDonald next 3rd building. Ask from reception,
they will provide the address for preparing letter m/a details step 4. Prepare
letter Arabic format. Office working hours 8 to 4
Exit Re-Entry Visa
- Apply for Single Exit Re-Entry Visa Online
- Apply for Multiple Exit Re-Entry Visa
- Extension of Exit Re-Entry Visa
- Procedure of Re-Printing Exit Re-Entry Visa from MOI for Dependents
- Procedure after Expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa
- Procedure after expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa for Dependents