Importance of Iqama in Saudi Arabia does not need an introduction to be explained. If you are living in Saudi Arabia, you already know that everything is associated with Iqama. If you are caught without having Iqama in your pocket, you will be fined up to SR 3,000 and can be deported from Saudi Arabia. If you want to know about the fines imposed in cases when you are caught without Iqama, please read this article. Ministry of Interior has also issued some guidelines and Tips for expatriates living in Saudi Arabia. I personally think that every expatriate should read these guidelines at least once. "Tips by MOI for Expats holding Iqama"
In this article, I will be explaining the procedure you need to adopt in case iqama is lost. This procedure is simple theoretically but practically very difficult. I also want to mention another important point here; you should report the case of lost iqama immediately. I have seen some expatriates who wait for the expiry of their Iqama and think that upon renewal, they will get new Iqama but it is not the case in Saudi Arabia. In order to get renewed iqama, you need to surrender your existing Iqama to Jawazat. You should always keep your contact details in the wallet where you keep your Iqama. Sometimes Iqama is lost and someone else finds it. If you have your contact details in it, at least he can contact you and return back your precious thing to you.
Step by Step Procedure in case of Lost Iqama
- First and most important step is to inform your sponsor about lost Iqama. But before doing this, check your Iqama in all the possible locations. Again, it is not very simple process to claim back your Iqama.
- Now, you need to report to the police about the lost Iqama. If you will go yourself, you will be facing many difficulties in registering the report. Frankly speaking, they will never register your report. Ask your Kafeel or Government Relations Officer (GRO) of your company to come with you for this purpose. GRO is always Saudi national with some approach in higher authorities, he will register the report. In order to register the report, you will have to write an application explaining how the iqama is lost. This application must be in Arabic.
Procedure if Dependent’s Iqama is Lost
- You need to write a letter (in Arabic) addressing to Jawazat that iqama has been lost, duly signed by the sponsor and the company official along with 2 forms.
- In one of the forms the dependent fingerprint impression to be made + copy of Sponsor Iqama, Copy of the Dependent iqama (if available), and Copy of Passport.
- If the dependent is Female take her to Jawazat Ladies section, they will check the identity. Once it is done take the relevant document and go to main counter and get the T Counter Token and handover the document.
- Within no time they will give take a printout of the new iqama copy.
- There is NO PENALTY for dependent iqama
- We have already explained in another article about the procedure you need to adopt for the replacement of Damaged Iqama.