It is the greatest pleasure for any expatriate living in Saudi Arabia to call its family here in Saudi Arabia either on Family Visit Visa or Permanent Family Visa. Once your family is here in Saudi Arabia on visit visa, you can apply for the extension of visit visa to prolong their stay in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In this article, we will be detailing about the process to apply for the extension of visit visa through Istiqdam. It is important to mention here that you can apply for the extension of family visit visa online as well, procedure is explained in this link.
Rules for Extension of Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
- If visit visa is stamped for 30 days, it can be extended 5 more times. It means total stay in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be of 180 days in this case.
- If visit visa is initially issued for 90 days, it can be extended 1 more time. It means total stay in Saudi Arabia will be of 180 days.
Process to Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
- You can apply for extension of family visit visa only one week before the expiry of visit visa. If you will apply for it before a week, they will not honor your request. I don’t know if it is a rule but general practice in Jawazat office. Following Documents are required for family visit visa extension in Saudi Arabia.
- Original Passport of Visitors (Copy of Passport Front, Back and Visa Page must be accompanied)
- Original Iqama of the Kafeel along with Copy (It means your Iqama if you are sponsor of visit visa)
- Passport Form to be filled by yourself
- Passport size photograph with white background
- Payment of SR 100 (There is no need for payment slip). The procedure to pay the fee for visa extension has been explained in this article. "Payment of Fee for Extension of Family Visit Visa"
- Online Token for residents of Dammam and Riyadh
If you are resident of Dammam and Khobar, you will have to apply for online token. You can apply for online token from website of Jawazat. Open the following link and follow the instructions.
Do Not OVERSTAY
It is very important to mention here that expat living in Saudi Arabia on Iqama takes the responsibility of the family members entering to the Kingdom. In case of Overstay of any family member, even if the stay is of a single day, SR 25,000/- fine is imposed on the expatriate with Iqama. In fact, you should plan the departure 3,4 days before expiry of the visa date. You never know, due to flight problem you may have to stay at airport or some other bad thing may happen to you. You can read about this topic in detail in this article, "What to do if Family Visit Visa Expires"
Family Visit Visa
- Apply for Family Visit Visa Online in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa Online
- Guideline to Fill Online Application for Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
- Procedure to check Family Visit Visa Application Status
- Apply for Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam