In my previous article, I have discussed about the matters one should consider in deciding the child birth in Saudi Arabia. If you have decided not to deliver your child in Saudi Arabia after going through the matters mentioned in that article, you will have to bring him and register under your Iqama. This article discusses about the procedure you need to adopt to bring your newly born baby to Saudi Arabia when he is born outside Saudi Arabia. However, if child is born inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you need to follow a separate procedure to add him under your Iqama. This procedure is explained in this article. Before going further, it is important to clear here that this article is only for those parents who already have Iqama, their baby is born outside KSA and now they want to bring her to Saudi Arabia for the first time to register under Iqama. Two different ways of bringing newly born baby to Saudi Arabia is explained in the below lines.
Procedure to Apply for Visa of Newly Born Baby to Saudi Arabia
- Baby must be less than one year old at the time of travelling.
- Getting passport for baby is the first and most important step to bring your newly born baby to Saudi Arabia. You should apply for the passport as soon as possible.
- Saudi Embassy or Consulate gives visa for new born baby without visa slip (Yellow Slip), on the basis of mother’s Exit Re-Entry visa. You will have to submit following documents to get this visa.
- Mother's original passport, with original valid Exit Re-Entry visa of KSA
- Baby's original passport
- Official birth certificate issued by the Government of the country should be attested and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs..
- Polio Certificate can be obtained by any doctor, family physician, typed on his letter head (Hand written not accepted), stating that the vaccination has been given as per age schedule. Please note that Polio Card or long file containing several pages is not acceptable.
- Baby's photo: 04 No. (Passport size, Color Photo, but white background)
- Father’s Iqama (Residence Permit) copy
- Mother’s Iqama (Residence Permit) copy
- Father’s Passport copy (only 1st & last page)\
- Father’s complete Saudi Company Address with Ph/ Mob No.
Procedure in Pakistan: My wife visited to Etimad Center Karachi with Polio certificate duly attested by authorized Saudi travel agent. They charged 1500 PKR for attesting polio certificate which we acquired from GAMCA registered medical center. They also charged 200PKR for this certificate. In Etimad, we submitted all the above documents.
Iqama for Newly Born
- Procedure to Book an Appointment with Ahwal-e-Madni
- Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child – Born inside KSA
- Factors to consider for Child Birth in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child – Born outside KSA
- Bringing Newly Born Baby to Saudi Arabia
- Bringing Newly Born Baby on On-Arrival Visa to KSA