Search

Friday, 13 June 2014

Exit Re-Entry Visa is Expired for Dependents

My daughter's Exit Re-Entry Visa is expired, now I want to bring her to Saudi Arabia

Question by Viewer
Hi. My daughter's exit - re-entry visa expired 6 days ago (less than a week) because the school changed the date of the examination. I requested the Passport Department to extend it. However, they just returned my documents including the Arabic letter they initiated for my request with stamp (paid SR 30) and ask me that there is new policy now. They asked me to send these documents to the country where my daughter is staying and have it processed in the Saudi embassy there. Question is how long does it take the embassy to process and release the extension? She needs to be back on 12 June, this leaves 2 days processing time since agency will send the documents on Monday next week. In addition, if in such case it will take longer as expected. Is it possible to just have it extended before the expiration of her Iqama on MUH 16 1436 (9 Nov 2014)? Can I use same documents including the Arabic letter issued?



Answer by Steve
The processing time varies from country to country and from agent to agent dealing with it. I think you need to be patient. Hopefully your daughter will be in KSA within June. However, we have already explained the procedure you need to adopt if Exit Re-Entry Visa of some dependent expires.

Comment by Viewer
I just talked to the agent now. She said if the documents are received by the embassy in the morning, it will also be released same day the afternoon. But I wanted to be sure if it really will take only a day as I will be booking her flight non-refundable.

Answer by Steve
When there is uncertainty, do not book it non-refundable. It is not only non-refundable; it is also non-transferable and non-reroute able.



Comment by Viewer
Will I still be able to re-new her re-entry visa on the 3rd week of October if it has expired already on May 30, 2014? Her Iqama is valid until November 19, 2014. She cannot return now because the class already started.

Answer by Steve
Yes you can, but I would suggest you to do it on ASAP basis. You know any process can take so much time in Saudi Arabia. So, it is better to get it renewed, bring your daughter here in Saudi Arabia and then sent her back after issuing new exit re-entry visa. Once her Iqama is expired while she is outside KSA, it will be a hell difficult job to get apply for new visa for her.



Comment by Viewer
Thank you for the reply. Thing is, she cannot get excused for long period and is allowed for 3 days absence only. Her Semester break is on October 25, 2014. That is why I'm planning to re-apply before this date. How many days do they usually give the over stayer to return KSA once the extension is approved?

Answer by Steve
She can enter to KSA and go back within 3 days. I do not know about the time period they allow, but it is on ASAP basis. Suggesting you again to not to delay it.



Comment by Viewer
think it will really be impossible for her to come and get flight for her, considering that it is peak season due to Ramadan and school holiday here. I already got a letter from my sponsor and it is also stamped (gave them SR30 for that). Can I still use this letter if I request for renewal on October? BTW, they gave her re-entry period within 365 days, which as I have mentioned expired last May 30, 2014.

Answer by Steve
This letter will be valid to apply even in October. Moreover, you can apply for her as long as her Iqama is valid. It does not matter when her Exit Re-Entry expired!



Comment by Viewer


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Follow us in Google+