Monday, 16 June 2014

Procedure to get Iqama for Dependents after 18 Years

Some years ago, there was no problem in renewing the Iqama of dependents above 18 years but now it has become a big issue. According to Law, you cannot keep your dependent above 18 years under your sponsorship. He can only have separate independent Iqama if he is working somewhere else. Most expatriates living in Saudi Arabia don’t want their children to work at the age of 18, they want them to study and get higher education. How to solve this issue? It is a unique problem and solution is also unique.

Procedure to Get Iqama of Dependents after 18 Years
  1. Let us say that your son is studying in your home country or in some university or college in Saudi Arabia. First of all, you will have to get a certificate from his college/university that he is student in that particular college. Certificate should include all the details of his course, tuition hours and expected year of completion of this course. This certificate needs to be signed by the Head of Institution with his stamp or seal.
  2. This certificate needs to be attested by the relevant college/university board like Higher Education Commission, Foreign Office and Saudi Embassy in your country. After bringing the certificate here, you will have to translate it from one approved translator and then get it attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saudi Arabia. If you need further help, check out this link “Procedure to Attest Certificates from Saudi Arabia
  3. Once you are done with this, give the original copy along with translated copy to your Kafeel or Government Relations Officer of your Company. He will submit it to the Jawazat. Once all the documents are submitted, it will not take long to renew the Iqama.
  4. These documents are required every year when your dependents have to renew the Iqama.
  5. Iqama of a dependent over the age of 18 years can only be renewed up to 25 years of age. If he is above 25 and his status is still student, it is going to be a problem for you. (Arab News) In that case, he will have to search for a job and transfer his sponsorship to his employer. The detailed procedure in this regard is explained in this link “Transfer of Dependent’s Sponsorship to Employer
  6. If a girl exceeds 25 years of age or has completed her education but she is unmarried, you can hold her under your sponsorship. You just need to write a certificate on a simple paper in Arabic that your daughter is still unmarried, so please allow her to be under your sponsorship. In most of the cases, government relations officer of your company don’t even ask for such document. He prepares it himself and asks you just to sign it.
  7. However, it is very important that finger prints of your dependent are in the database of MOI. You can check if the finger prints have been scanned by your dependent through this link.
  8. Hamid: When dependents reach 18 years old then his or her sponsor should do “fasil” of iqama from jawazat office after this system will take fee of dependent SAR 500, commonly jawazat don't renew iqama of dependent at 18 without fasil but by chance if they will renew iqama then next year you will must have to do fasil with penalty of 1000 SAR , fasil mean “separate” and commonly it mean “separation” of iqama from father in jawazat system and then jawazat starts charging fees of dependents 500 SAR every year. For fasil of boy you need iqama copy, sponsor iqama copy, your passport copy, student bonafide certificate and form and for fasil of girls you need same all that documents but instead of students bonafide certificate for girls jawazat demand clarification letter from sponsor that my daughters are unmarried.
Renewal of Iqama
  1. Iqama Renewal when Dependents are outside KSA
  2. How to Renew Iqama in Saudi Arabia
  3. Get Iqama for Dependents after 18 Years
  4. Iqama Renewal while expatriate is out of KSA
  5. Medical Insurance is Must for Dependents to Renew Iqama
  6. No More Iqama Fee of SR 2,400 for Expatriates


Post a Comment


Follow us in Google+