With the implementation of Saher System in Saudi Arabia, now there are traffic cameras on almost every second signal you pass. Moreover, there are speed cameras on almost every road you travel. Sometimes speed allowed speed is 100Km and sometimes it is 90Km. Sometimes even on the same road you will find signs from traffic department stating two different speed limits. It is very important to check your traffic violations every now and then otherwise it can be problematic. We have also published a list of traffic violations in Saudi Arabia in this article.
Procedure to Get Location and Time of Traffic Violations
- Whenever a vehicle owned and registered under your Iqama is involved in some traffic violation, a message is sent to your number registered by MOI. This message contains the Traffic Violation ID. In order to register your account with MOI, please follow this link.
- Sometimes it happens that your phone number is not registered with the MOI so you don’t receive any SMS, this is the reason it is suggested to check your Traffic Violation on MOI account every now and then. If you did not receive the SMS or have lost the Traffic Violation Number, you can still get it online. I have explained the procedure in this article.
- First of all, open website of Ministry of Interior on your web browser and click on the “English” word given on the left upper corner of the website.
a. Now select “E Services” among the tabs given under the logo of Ministry of Interior.
b. Now select “Traffic” in the column given on the left hand side.
c. Now select “Public Query Traffic Violation & Objection Claim”
e. Click on the “View” button
Following screen will appear if all the information you have submitted is correct. You will be provided with the detail of;
- Description of the violation
- Fine amount
- Number Plate
- City Name
- Violation Time and Date
- Date of Payment of Fine
You may also register a complaint against the traffic violation from the link given on this screen.
- SR 150 fine for Eating while Driving in Saudi Arabia
- SR 150 fine for Tinted Windows in Saudi Arabia
- SR 2,000 Fine for Hiding Number Plate from Saher Cameras
- SR 10,000 Fine and 2 months Jail for Car Drifters
- SR 15,000 Fine, 1 Night in Jail and 30 Days Vehicle Confiscation if caught using Mobile while Driving