Sometimes it happens that Kafeel (Sponsor) sets Huroob (Abscondment) status for your Iqama. It effectively means that you ran away from your sponsor and he reports to Jawazat that now this employee is not his responsibility. If he does not set the Huroob Status of your Iqama when you actually ran away, he may have to face several penalties. This is the reason Kafeels are very strict in setting huroob status to their employees. If a Kafeel sets Huroob status of an employee falsely, he will be fined SR 5,000/- Some other articles related to Huroob are following;
Penalties for Not Reporting Huroob
Huroob must be communicated to the Jawazat and Ministry of Labor. In the absence of such communication, Kafeel will be under the burden of heavy fines and penalties which are described below;
- Fine of SR 5,000/- and cancellation of license to issue new visas for expatriate employees for one year in case of first instance of not reporting the Huroob to the Authorities
- Fine of SR 10,000/- and cancellation of license to issue new visas for expatriate employees for two years in case of second instance of not reporting the Huroob to the Authorities
- Fine of SR 15,000/- and cancellation of license to issue new visas for expatriate employees for three years in case of third instance of not reporting the Huroob to the Authorities. Moreover, Kafeel will also be in imprisonment for one month.
These penalties are imposed subject to following conditions;
- Fines are multiplied according to the Number of Non Reported Huroobs
- The Employee who ran away will be deported on the expense of Kafeel. If Huroob is properly communicated to the authorities, ran away employee will be deported on his own expense.
- Huroob as a blackmailing tool by Clever Sponsors
- Procedure for Expatriates with Huroob (Absconder) Status to Avoid Jail and Go Home
- Transfer of Sponsorship under Huroob
- Check Huroob Status of Employee
- Removing Huroob from Iqama
- Duration of Ban to enter back to Saudi Arabia in Case of Huroob
- What does “absent from work” mean?