Madina is the second holiest city in Islam after Makkah. This city has masjid-al-Nabawi which is the burial place of Prophet (PBUH) as well.Thousands of tourist visit Madina every year and Muslims come from across the world in order to perform Hajj and Umrah. Apart from holy rituals, people also intend to explore this beautiful city.Beautiful mosques, places, old lanes, craft shops, markets, delicious food, fresh dates, malls, scenic coastline are the main attractions of Madina. It’s worth a walk along the district of Madina. Following are the ten amazing places to visit in the Holy city.
- Masjid al Nabawi – Obviously, when you are travelling to Madina, you cannot miss the prophet’s mosque. In fact main purpose of going to Madina for all Muslims is to visit this beautiful mosque. Recommended: 9 Unknown Facts about the Masjid al Nabawi (Prophet’s Mosque)
- QUBA MOSQUE: When you are in the premises of Madina, it is advisable to have a visit of two mosques, the Prophet’s mosque and the Quba mosque; and three graves: the graves of the Prophet PBUH (may Allah keep him in honor), Abu Bakr and Umar (may Allah be pleased with both); and the Baqi – and Uhud cemetery.
- MOUNT UHUD: The battle of Uhud occurred at the foot of Uhud in 3 Hijri. Hamza, the Prophet’s PBUH uncle, and other companions had been buried over here .Prophet’s tooth had broken during this battle. The messenger of Allah said about this mountain that” Uhud is a mountain that loves us – and we love it.” Sahih al-Bukhari 3367
- MASJID AL-AHZAAB AND MASJID AL-FATH: The enemies (kuffar) surrounded it to capture this area and Madina was sieged. Muslims decided to dig a trench around Madina. Today six mosques are situated at this point.
- AL- MADINA MUSEUM: This museum conserves the collection of old Islamic monuments, rich Islamic history. It demonstrates the history and role of Madina in the advent of Islam.
- OLD BAZAAR MADINA: Without shopping, travel experience is almost incomplete. Tourists brows around the market and take souvenirs gifts for their loved ones. It has huge variety and stuff is available at reasonable rates. Retailers know the language of potential buyers and have all stuff to distract people from actual purpose of being there.
- Masjid al-Qiblatain: Take a glimpse at this mosque if you are into infrastructure and arts. It has a conventional design and is known for its twin dome and minarets as well as huge prayer area.
- WADI E JINN: Also known as Wadi al baida is located 30 km away from northwest of Madina. This valley draws attention of thousands of people across the world because here cars move against the Centre of gravity. There’s something quite strange about this Wadi. Recommended: Wadi-al-JINN – Does it really exist in Madina?
- Madina Media Museum: This museum is located close to masjid al Nabawi. You can learn a lot about Islamic history by going to this museum. It will mesmerize your attention and astonish you when you come to know about how the city was conquered.
- The Beautiful Names of Allah Exhibition: It is situated at gate 13 of Masjid al Nabawi. It is a beautiful exhibition and there is no entry ticket. You can read more details about it in this link. Recommended: The Beautiful Names of Allah Exhibition in Masjid al Nabawi, Madina – Gate 13
- The Beautiful Names of Allah Exhibition in Masjid al Nabawi, Madina – Gate 13
- 7 wells of Prophet S.A.W are being neglected in Madinah
- Punishment for Non-Muslims for Entering to Makkah and Madina
- The story of a 112 Years Old Bulb in Masjid al Nabawi (Madina)
- Wadi-al-JINN – Does it really exist in Madina?