Sometimes it happens that Kafeel (Sponsor) sets Huroob (Abscondment) status for your Iqama. It effectively means that you ran away from your sponsor and he reports to Jawazat that now this employee is not his responsibility. It happens when you don’t pay to your sponsor on time agreed amount in case of free visa, or you don’t go to your workplace without intimating your employer. Employer tries to contact you with all reasonable sources and if he is unable to contact you, he puts on Huroob status to your Iqama. Employee under Huroob is treated as criminal and if found by police may be deported. Gulf News has reported that a plan to ban the deported expatriates from one GCC country from entering on work visas in any other GCC country has been finalized. To know about the status of the implementation, click on this linkGCC Wide Ban on Deported Expatriates of GCC Countries” Some other articles related to Huroob are following;
Removing Huroob Status from Iqama
- First solution is to go to the Jawazat & Ministry of Labor and file an appeal against your Kafeel. You will have state that your Kafeel has set Huroob status for your Iqama on unfair and unjustified basis and reasons of your runaway are valid. For example, if Kafeel is asking you to do something which is illegal and upon your refusal, he set huroob status for your Iqama, it is unfair reason of setting Huroob status. If you are successful in proving that, your Huroob status will be removed. You will be given either transfer to some other Kafeel or final exit.
- Huroob as a blackmailing tool by Clever Sponsors
- Procedure for Expatriates with Huroob (Absconder) Status to Avoid Jail and Go Home
- Transfer of Sponsorship under Huroob
- Check Huroob Status of Employee
- Removing Huroob from Iqama
- Duration of Ban to enter back to Saudi Arabia in Case of Huroob
- What does “absent from work” mean?