You are required by Law to carry your original Iqama with you wherever you travel in Saudi Arabia. If you are caught not carrying your Iqama, you can be fined or deported from Saudi Arabia in extreme cases. Have a look at this article for further details about fines and penalties. However, it is possible that plastic card of your Iqama is damaged or broken at any time. This damaged card will not be accepted by the authorities so you will have to replace it from Jawazat. Process of replacing the Iqama is very simple and explained in the below paragraphs.
Step by Step Process for the replacement of Damaged Iqama
- First of all, ask government relations officer of your company to print a form from the website of Jawazat for the replacement of Jawazat and ask him to fill it on behalf of your sponsor. You need signatures and stamp of your Kafeel upon that form. You can also download it from this link.
- If your Iqama is still valid for one year, make payment of SR 500. If it is valid for more than one year, make payment of SR 1,000/-. Again, government relations officer of your company or the agent sitting in front of the main gate of Jawazat office will help you in this regard.
- Check if you have any unpaid traffic violations of fines under your Iqama. You will have to pay them before going to Jawazat Office.
- Now go to Jawazat office and ask someone about the office where you need to go within the Jawazat building. You will have to have following documents with you. You will be given print of New Iqama after successful submission of application.
· 2 passport size photos
· Passport in Original and Copy
· Damaged Iqama
· Copy of Iqama
· Proof of Payment of Iqama Fee
We have also explained in another article about the procedure you need to adopt if Iqama is Lost.
Other Procedures related to Iqama
- Procedure to Change English and Arabic Name on Iqama
- Procedure to Change Picture on Iqama
- Jawazat Fee of Different Services
- What to do if Iqama is Lost