Sunday, July 20, 2014

Can Exit Re-Entry Visa be extended when visa holder is inside or outside Saudi Arabia?

It can happen that you apply for exit re-entry visa for your dependents for specific dates and due to any problem their program is changed. You may have to apply for extension of exit re-entry visa in such situation. Many readers on this blog have been asking me about the procedure of extension of Exit Re-Entry visa. In fact the frequency of questions about the procedure of extension of exit re-entry visa persuaded me to write this article. I have already published several articles on the subject of Exit Re-Entry visa on this blog. Their links are available at the end of the article.

Having said all that, you will be amazed to know that there is no extension of exit re-entry visa. Exit re-entry visa once issued cannot be changed. So, you cannot apply for extension of exit re-entry visa. However, there are some other ways you can cope with the changed program of your dependents. I have explained it in the articles below;

If Dependents are in Saudi Arabia
If your dependents are in Saudi Arabia and their plan to go out of Saudi Arabia is changed, it is less risky situation. You still have everything in your hand. You can cancel theexit re-entry visa already issued and issue new visa. I have explained the procedure of cancelling the exit re-entry visa and procedure for apply new exit re-entry visa in the following articles. It is very important to mention here that if exit re-entry visa is not cancelled, penalties may reach to SR 3,000 for each iqama. This is how an extension of exit re-entry visa can be applied. However, you will have to pay the fee again to apply for new exit re-entry visa. Procedure of making payment has also been explained in the link below.

  1. Cancelling Exit Re-Entry Visa Online
  2. Apply for New Exit Re-Entry Visa
  3. Deposit Fee for Exit Re-Entry Visa

If Dependents are out of Saudi Arabia
If your dependents are outside Saudi Arabia, situation is a bit problematic. When your dependents are outside Saudi Arabia and they plan to come to Saudi Arabia at a date which is after the expiry of exit re-entry visa, you cannot simply apply for cancellation. In fact, I would suggest you not to cancel it otherwise their arrival back to Saudi Arabia would not be possible. In this situation you feel helpless since there is no way to apply for extension of exit re-entry visa if dependents are outside Saudi Arabia. In this regard, you have two options.

  1. Bring your family within the date of exit re-entry visa and apply for the exit re-entry visa again once they are in Saudi Arabia.
  2. Let them stay in their country and apply for the lengthy process of reactivate the exit re-entry visa once it is expired. The process Kafeel needs to take once the exit re-entry is expired is explained in this article. “Expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa for Dependents


Follow us in Google+