Question by Visitor
First off all thank you very much for the effort of having this very useful info blog. I have been reading a lot of your article and even your answers to every question. I have one question, and I know you are the most reliable person I can bring this on. My 2 years contract with the company is finished and I asked them to release my Iqama in favor of another company which they refused. I have been exhausted too much by my sponsor for working 12 hours per day with below minimum salary. I have some questions;
- Do they have the right to stop me from transferring even after my 2 year contract?
- Can i transfer even if they did not approve?
- What would be the best move if this was the case?
I am planning not to go home yet after my 2 year contract and I have new ready company to accept me after my contract.
- My current company is in green category
- My new company waiting is in platinum category.
Answer by Steve
Thanks a lot for the appreciation! I will answer your questions one by one.
- They have every right to stop you if it was not agreed initially that they will release you at the end of the term of the contract.
- You can transfer if you meet certain criteria which are explained in this article. “Iqama Transfer without consent of Kafeel”
- You can continue to work for the same company or take final exit and come back on new visa for the new employer. For better clarification of Green, Platinum category, I would suggest you to read this article. “Saudization or Nitaqat Law”