Legal Right to Transfer the Sponsorship from Employer
Generally employers exploit employees working under their sponsorship by threatening them to process final exit whenever they ask about Transfer of Sponsorship. At the time of transferring the sponsorship from the employer, if you just take a note form the new employer that after completion of the contract, new employer will release you from his sponsorship, you will be legally entitled to claim it at the end of the contract. You are unlikely to ask your employer to sign this kind of letter if your employer is hiring you from your own country due to lower negotiation power.
If at the end of the employment term or at the end of the contract, your employer does not allow you to take transfer of sponsorship; you can contact labor court and exercise this right. Normally companies avoid cases of labor court if they feel that they are on the wrong side. In this way, you will be able to exercise your legal right to take transfer of sponsorship.
An employee can also take the transfer of sponsorship without consent of Kafeel if some criteria are fulfilled. We have covered this in a separate article. “Iqama Transfer without Consent of Kafeel”
- Process of Transferring Sponsorship
- Iqama Transfer without Consent of Kafeel
- Process of Transferring Sponsorship if Kafeel is Red
- Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife in Saudi Arabia
- Responsibility of Iqama Transfer Fee
- Two Years Rule for Transfer of Sponsorship
- Legal Right to Transfer the Sponsorship
- Can I request Transfer of Sponsorship within 3 months?