The purpose of this blog is to share different kind of information to all the residents of Saudi Arabia. It is my observation that most of the employees are exploited by sponsors just because they don’t know about their rights given to them by Saudi Labor Law in Saudi Arabia. I have published several articles regarding rights available to the expatriates in Saudi Arabia and a list is available at the end of this article. In this article, I will be enlightening the situation when an employee can resign immediately even without giving notice period to the employer under Saudi Labor Law. These cases have been covered in Article 81 of the Saudi Labor Law.
All of us know that in order to terminate the contract; you have to resign from the company by giving suitable notice period. We have already published a detailed article about this subject, please read it for further guidance “Notice Period under Saudi Labor Law”. However, in this article I will be explaining about the circumstances when an employee can resign immediately without even giving any notice period.
Cases of Resignation without Notice Period
- If the employer commits a fraud at the time of contracting with the employee with reference to the work condition and circumstances. Let’s say he has signed a contract with you to pay SR 10,000/- per month for a managerial post. Later on, he denies either monthly package or managerial task; you have every right to terminate the contract without any notice period. However, it is very important to mention here that once you have started working under the changed circumstances, it will be treated as you have accepted the terms. You would not be able to challenge your employer in front of court in those cases.
- If employer or any representative of the employer, blackmails the employee with reference to his family living in Saudi Arabia, employee has every right to terminate the contract without any notice period.
- If there is some serious hazard in the workplace threatening to the safety or health of the employee, you have every right to terminate the contract without any notice period. However, there is one condition that employer must be aware of it and did not take any action to remove this hazard within reasonable time.
- If the treatment by the employer is characterized by cruelty, injustice or insult
Termination of Contract due to Invalid Reasons
If the contract has been terminated due to invalid reason, the aggrieved party may contact the labor office. Labor office after hearing from both parties will decide the fault and make the other party liable to pay compensation to the innocent party.
Resignation / Termination under Saudi Labor Law
- Compensation in case of Work Injury as per Saudi Labor Law
- Retirement Age in Saudi Arabia
- Notice Period under Saudi Labor Law
- Resignation without Notice Period under Saudi Labor Law
- Termination without Notice Period under Saudi Labor Law
- Can I request Final Exit within 3 months?
- End of Service Benefits (ESB) Calculation