Now there is no need to visit Jawazat office for the extension of family visit visa. I always appreciate the steps taken by the Saudi Government to make the procedural activities online. One of these revolutionary steps is giving access to the expatriates to apply for the extension of family visit visa online. In this article, I will be explaining in detail the online procedure to apply for extension of family visit visa online. I have these screenshots from old MOI account. I would appreciate if somebody can share with me the screenshots of the procedure from the new MOI account.
Conditions to Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa Online
Welcome to Extend Visit Visa for families. This service allows Individuals who have issued visit visa to extend visit visa for their visitors subject to the following Business rules:
- At a time of visa extension, the Visit visa duration should be more than 7 days or have been expired before 3 days.
- Visit visa holder is present in KSA
- Fee of visa extension is paid. The procedure to pay the fee for visa extension has been explained in this article. "Payment of Fee for Extension of Family Visit Visa"
- Visit visa holder PP is valid (not expired) on the date of VV extension
- Visa requester / Visit visa holder Status is alive.
- Visit visa holder does not have unpaid Traffic violation
- The total Visit Visa period should not exceed the permitted period.
Procedure to Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa Online
- Pay SR 100 for the extension of family visit visa through online or internet banking. The procedure to pay the fee for visa extension has been explained in this article. "Payment of Fee for Extension of Family Visit Visa"
- In order to apply for extension of family visit visa, you must have online account on Ministry of Interior Website. If you don’t have Abshir account on Ministry of Interior Website, please follow this link to create it. “Abshir Account in Ministry of Interior Website”
- If you have already created this account, just login to it by following this link.
- A new screen will be opened from which you will have to click on “E-Services” as shown in the screenshot below.
Michael, we have just managed to renew our family visit visas. The system worked seamlessly. Thanks to the ministry of interior for this truly magnificent innovation. A few points of interest to anyone:
- First I tried to pay the extension fee online via my SABB bank account, but it kept giving me an error message. I then went to a SABB ATM, and the payment was made very easily. So don't despair if you can't pay online, but go to an ATM and try there too
- The first day you can extend the visa is the first day of the last seven days. You can calculate the date of the earliest day you can extend the visa by this formula: expiry date minus 6 days. The day when the visa expires is included in the last seven days, therefore you won't be able to extend if you do the maths as expiry date minus 7. So, for example, if your visa expires on the 10th, the earliest date you can extend is the 4th, right after midnight
- For us, contrary to what many people say here, the abshir system immediately displayed the extended visa expiry dates right after the extension. It did not take hours for the system to update the expiry dates; in fact, it didn't even take minutes, so they must have worked on that one
- On the "congratulations!" page, there is now a print button, so you don't need to take a screenshot anymore - just save it in PDF for later reference
Family Visit Visa
- Apply for Family Visit Visa Online in Saudi Arabia
- Guideline to Fill Online Application for Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
- Procedure to check Family Visit Visa Application Status
- Apply for Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
- Procedure to Schedule an Appointment with Etimad Centers in Pakistan
- Return Ticket for Family Visit Visa Holders in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa Online
- What to do if Family Visit Visa Expires?
- On Arrival Visit Visa of GCC countries for Family Visit Visa Holders in KSA