Penalties on Working Dependents in Saudi Arabia
If dependent of an expatriate is caught working independently or for someone else for the remuneration or voluntarily as the case may be, he will be fined as follows.
- SR 1,000/- for the first instance
- SR 2,000/- for the second instance
- SR 3,000/- for the third instance
- Upon third instance issue will be referred to the Minister of Interior for his direction towards termination of the violator's Iqama and deport him. This is a severe penalty so I would encourage everyone to comply with the instructions of Law and not to violate it. Gulf News has reported that a plan to ban the deported expatriates from one GCC country from entering on work visas in any other GCC country has been finalized. To know about the status of the implementation, click on this linkGCC Wide Ban on Deported Expatriates of GCC Countries”
- If you want to work legally in Saudi Arabia, you will have to transfer sponsorship to your employer. The procedure is explained in this link "Procedure to Transfer the Dependent's Sponsorship to Employer"