Saudi Authorities impose penalties on the people who help the Hajj or Umrah Pilgrims by providing them shelter to overstay in Saudi Arabia. Over stayers are penalized themselves as well as those people who help them to make over stay feasible. I have explained in this link the fines and penalties to be imposed on the over stayers of Hajj and Umrah Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia “Working on Umrah Visa and Overstayed on Umrah Visa”. Purpose of writing the current article is to share with our readers the penalties an Iqama holder or citizen may have to face if they help someone to overstay in Saudi Arabia after expiry of Hajj or Umrah Visa. Penalties have been described below.
Punishment of Sheltering the Hajj and Umrah Visa overstayer
- If the violator is an expatriate resident, his fines are 10,000 S.R, or one month imprisonment, or both along with the termination of his Iqama and deportation.
- If the violator is a citizen, his fines in the first instance are 10,000 S.R. and minimum two weeks imprisonment. For the second instance, his fines are 20,000 S.R. and 1 month imprisonment. Third instance fines are 100,000 S.R. and 2 years imprisonment.
- Fines are multiplied according to the number of individuals involved.
- If the citizen wasn't able to pay his fines, he shall be imprisoned for an interval between 1 to 6 months.
- Publish the violator's penalty in the local press with the judgment thereon according to the censure instructions.
- In case of renting a residence to the overstayer, the renter shall be considered a violator. He shall submit a pledge which shall be kept for future reference. If violation repeated, the housing unit shall be closed for six months, and for one year in the second violation and in the third instance the closure will be for two years.
- In the first instance, Saudi violator's age and health condition shall be considered for imprisonment duration, evidenced by attested documents.
Hajj and Umrah
- Procedure to Apply for Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Online Procedure to Apply for Hajj from Saudi Arabia
- How to get Low Cost Hajj Package in Saudi Arabia?
- How to get Hajj Permit for Family Visit Visa Holders in KSA?
- How to Check if Hajj Tasreeh (Permit) is genuine?