Forgery of documents is not allowed in any country of the world and especially in Saudi Arabia, there are very severe penalties imposed on the persons involved in forgery. There can be several crimes related to forgery of documents. Here in this article we will be listing those crimes of forgery and the respective punishment by the Saudi authorities.
Crimes related to Forgery of Documents
- Obtaining or helping an individual to obtain a forge Iqama or visa by himself. Taking employment or helping any individual to take an employment based on forgery or cheating.
- Submitting forgery documents or providing false statements to Saudi authorities in the Kingdom or abroad to obtain for himself or for another individual an Iqama or any kind of visas.
- Forgery, easement or changing the content of foreign travel documents or Iqamas, and circulating them
- Trading Free Visas
Punishment for Trading Visas and Forgery of Documents
Following punishment will be given to all the people involved in all the above mentioned crimes.
- If the violator is an expatriate, he shall be fined 10,000 S.R. or imprisoned for 3 months or both, along with the termination of his Iqama and deportation from the Kingdom. Gulf News has reported today that a plan to ban the deported expatriates from one GCC country from entering on work visas in any other GCC country has been finalized. To know about the status of the implementation, click on this linkGCC Wide Ban on Deported Expatriates of GCC Countries”
- If the violator is a Saudi Citizen;
o He shall be fined 10,000 S.R. for the first time
o 15,000 S.R. in the second time along with one month imprisonment
o 15,000 S.R. in the third time along with 3 months imprisonment. Type of violation shall be considered while applying the penalty.
- These penalties are applicable to the principal perpetrator, partner and contributor.
- Paid money shall be confiscated in all cases.
- Fines are multiplied according to the number of individuals involved and violations.