Car is an essential part of every home these days. Those who are crazy about car brands they would prefer latest and new brands and models of cars. Those who take cars from economic point of view shall consider is from prudence point of view. They better prefer a second hand car as it would save not only money but would ease them to use car anywhere without getting worried about too much damage to new car. Second hand cars save money no doubt but one has to cautious while purchasing such stuff. This practice in Saudi Arabia with bad exposure or knowledge about second hand car purchase may cause headache. Second hand cars are sometimes difficult to handle. One should have sufficient knowledge to check key areas while purchasing a used car.
Factors to Consider when buying Used Car
- Check the engine condition: First of all open the hood of the car and have a look of car engine, first chase Vehicle identification number, if it is not at original place that indicates the fender has been replaced. Then chase any brown oil stains on engine block. If they are there it is an indication of leakage in gasket. It can lead to expense repairs. Check the condition of coolant in the overflow jar. If it is filthy brown it may mean that it has never been flushed. In case of steel timing chain inside the car, it does not matter a lot as the normal life span of a timing belt varies between 60- 100 thousand miles.
- Check the exterior and interior: After checking engine promptly check exterior and interior condition of a car. In interior check seat belts, look for any tears, stains of any other kind of damage. Check the condition of air conditioner. It is good in car with coolant R134. In exterior make sure that tires are in good condition. Look for anything sagging on the car. Check the paint condition diligently. Feel the edges with fingers run on joints. Check there is spare tire in car and tread of other tires. Check the tires surface for feathering. Critically review the frame of car for any frame damage.
- Consider the mileage: After that the next check is off course the mileage of car meter. It tells the age of cars as wrinkles on one’s face. The average rate of car mileage during one year is 25,000 km - 30,000 km annually. Sometimes an old car is properly taken care by owner and shows less mileage than its age. So there are many factors that can affect mileage check. It is a rare case element. Normally the car age can be estimated by checking mileage.
- Have a test drive: The next thing is to check car by taking a test drive. This practice gives a first and compact overview about car’s condition. Take a test drive up to 60 mph on a vacant road. Check for any vibration in brake, pedal or check the smoothness of gear. A trepidation during test drive may indicate repair need of 100 -300 Riyals. It may indicate fault in joints and loosen bolts. Check for any kind of noise car produces during driving it indicates there is something inside the car that is in unfit condition.
- Analyze feasibility to Saudi Arabia roads: The most important thing is to check whether car is feasible for drive in Saudi Arabia. Normally cars made inside the state are made according to that. Which are imported from abroad need to be updated according to the feasibility conditions? During 2013 many car which were imported from USA were damaged. Recently in 2013 an imported car was sold after repairing from damage and sold to customers with new brand look. This caused a misunderstanding at the edge of customer who were unaware of actual embezzlement and took it as bargain.
- Getting Driving License in Saudi Arabia
- Check Originality of Saudi Driving License
- Vehicle Insurance in Saudi Arabia
- Check Expiry of Vehicle Insurance
- Renewal of Saudi Driving License
- Fahas (Vehicle Inspection Test) in Saudi Arabia
- Renew Istamara (Vehicle Registration)
- How to Renew Istamara Online
- Process in case of Road Accident
- Claiming Insurance after Traffic Accident