Wednesday, 19 November 2014

How to check the purity of Honey?

Honey is one of the natural food blessed to us by Allah. When I was young I certainly did not like Honey. I could not bear the sweet sensation in my mouth. The only place where I could tolerate honey was while watching Winnie the Pooh. It was one of my favorite cartoons for sure and he certainly did not make me want to leave the room running. However, now as I'm a bit older and a bit more sensible, honey isn't that bad after all. In fact like I said earlier, it doesn't make me leave the room running. Instead I can sit at the same table and sometimes have a spoonful when necessary. I've never been a big fan of sweet things but oh well with time I think people become used to a lot of things right? The reason why now I can be well acquainted to honey is because it helped me when I had an extremely bad throat. Who likes being sick? Getting flu's and headaches and especially painful throats! That's where honey saved me. This was one thing that made me sleep through the night properly. Just a bit of pepper with Honey did the trick.

Now honey has so many good things. For one, it is the naturally sweet in taste and can be used as a replacement for sugar. In my previous article where I told portrayed the dangers of using sugar, honey can satisfy your taste buds well and can save you from many possible diseases and illnesses. Honey is a good product for weight loss as well. In a glass of warm water one tea spoon of Honey and a squint of Lemon every morning can help you reduce weight. However, now many companies have deteriorated the essence of pure honey by selling impure honey under their company name. It becomes extremely difficult for many people to purchase honey if you aren't aware of how Natural Pure honey smells or how liquidly it is. Some people are unaware of the fact that Honey does not solidify. If it does you have been fooled! Pure Honey should not be mixed with any kinds of additives. While buying honey, make sure you check and read the labels. Apart from that Honey productions from China usually contain sweet sugary syrups mixed with honey.

How to check the purity of Honey?
  1. A good way to avoid all the trouble is by checking whether honey is absorbed by paper or not. If it is, then the honey you have isn't pure.
  2. Similarly try it with sand. Pure honey will never mix and only roll like a ball if you wiggle it with a stick.
  3. Other ways to judge whether the honey you have is not impure is by dissolving the honey in water. If it dissolves instantly you should know that the honey is impure as pure honey takes time to dissolve. After mixing it vigorously for minutes sometimes yet if doesn't mix well and only sinks to the bottom of the glass.
  4. One last way to check is by dipping a matchstick in honey for two seconds and trying to light the matchstick. If it ignites the honey was pure and free from all substances.

I hope I've given you all a lot of good reason to increase the use of honey in your diet as well as made you aware of whether the honey you do use is pure or not. There is no point of increasing the use of honey when it's just a sugar solution. You would simply be trying to avoid sugar but be caught up in it unaware. So tell your HONEY to get you honey from now on. Keep yourself Satisfied and know you are being scammed by companies!


Post a Comment


Follow us in Google+