For many people around the world the Burj Khalifa is a jaw dropper. This beautiful, tall, well designed skyscraper is one of the tallest in the world! People from all around the world come to visit the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, make sure that they visit The Jeddah Tower and get a picture for memory holdings. However, after reading today's read maybe you will need to rebook your vacation holidays to Jeddah rather than Dubai. The reason behind this is the construction of the World's soon to be tallest building commonly known as ‘Jeddah Tower’.
10 Unknown Facts about Jeddah Tower
- The Jeddah Tower is going to be the World's Tallest Skyscraper after beating Burj Khalifa by 173 meters and being the first building to reach one kilometer.
- The Jeddah Tower was named as Kingdom Tower in the beginning.
- The Jeddah Tower is currently under construction which is designed by American Architect Adrian Smith who was also the designer for the Burj Khalifa.
- The tower was initially planned to be nearly 1.6 kilometers but the area did not prove to be stable enough to support such a tall building and thus now it has been estimated to be around one kilometer however the final height has not yet been announced.
- The Jeddah Tower is led by Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who is also the wealthiest man in the Middle East. The Saudi Arabian prince who is also the nephew of King Abdullah has given a lot of his time and devotion to The Jeddah Tower in the hope that The Jeddah Tower will be the basis to modify and modernize Saudi Arabia. Prince Al-Waleed is also the chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) which is currently the largest company in Saudi Arabia. This company is also a partner in Jeddah Economic Company (JEC). This company was established in 2009 for the development of Kingdom City and Tower.
- The Jeddah Tower has been designed with great concentration and care to provide aesthetic features and again will become a topic of discussions amongst many forums around the globe. The estimated cost of for the tower has been nearly 1.23 US billion dollars and is the first stage to the whole development project. The whole project is worth nearly 1.23 US billion dollars.
- The Jeddah Tower will be so big that it will not be possible to even see a complete view of it in one rendering through naked eye.
- The Jeddah Tower will be containing 80,000 tons of steel in it.
- The temperature at the top floor of the Jeddah Tower will be half of the temperature at the ground floor of Jeddah Tower.
- The Jeddah Tower will be having 59 elevators which will travel at a rate of 35 KPH.
- The floor area of the Jeddah Tower will be 530,000 square meters.
- The Jeddah Tower has been idealized to be highly magnetic, receiving much high praise from a lot of the countries. The Jeddah Tower is thought to the basis for symbolizing the country's power and wealth. With this many people think that this will be a financial disaster but for that I think we'll just have to wait and see.
The Jeddah Tower will regroup and shape up the city of Jeddah. The project will be providing apartments, four season hotel, class A office space and much more. This will be a provision for modeling up Jeddah and if you ask me this will one great reason for calling in tourists to visit this Tower. The Jeddah Tower will provide to be a showcase of great engineering and architectural skills especially the investors of The Jeddah Tower will not be disappointed by the outcome! Saudi Arabia isn't all about restrictions but it's about expanding their horizons to new possibilities and new heights, well explained by the Jeddah Tower to the World!
- 13 Un-known facts About Albaik
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Saudis for 2014
- 10 Astonishing Bans on Men and Women in KSA
- 10 mind blowing facts about Saudi Arabia
- Top 10 Laws Violated by Expats in Saudi Arabia