Facts about World's Tallest Flagpole in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- This Flagpole which is currently the tallest flagpole in the world is One hundred and seventy meters high upholding the Saudi Arabian national flag.
- This flagpole beat the previous record set in Tajikistan by merely eight meters!
- The Flagpole during its construction has faced many challenges and problems that mainly included being subjected to high winds constantly with fatigue loads. Another important factor was that the location of the flagpole was in a seismic zone causing a lot of problems during its construction.
- The initiative of the competition for the World's Tallest Flagpole began with Abu Dhabi where the record started with four hundred and four meters. Other states that became record holders include Jordan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan after it is now currently in the hands of Saudi Arabia, Jeddah mainly.
- The flagpole was built in three stages starting with the first stage of setting out the base with the creation of a twenty eight meter picket. The next stage involved working on the base which was Octagonal having a total length of sixteen meters in addition to the total base area of Two hundred and fifteen meters. The Final stage of the project was the vertical column (cervical to be precise) that was made up of nearly fifteen tons of Iron!
- This magnificent flagpole is constructed on the Tariq bin Ziyad Roundabout at the western end of King Abdullah Road just near the beginning of King AbdulAziz Street.
- The project was led by Abdul Lateef Jameel Community Initiatives as a gift comprehending the blissful returns of the Custodian of the two most important and Holy Mosques after he was treated and successful in his medical treatment abroad.
- The Flagpole is equipped with state of the art design and equipment such as an automatic hoisting system, cameras (advanced), instruments measuring wind speed and a beautiful lighting system that would be used on special occasions and days of celebrations.
- The Saudi Flag is flown from the flagpole that weighs nearly Five hundred and seventy kilograms.
With so many accomplishments and achievements being in capture of Saudi Arabia there is no telling what the city will do next. This flagpole symbolizes the fact that Saudi Arabia is an important part of the World that we live on and it will continue to prosper and reach horizons later onwards as well. This monument is a must see and visit. I would recommend you readers to visit this flagpole if you ever get the chance to travel to Jeddah!
- 5 Things Your Muslim Wife Won’t Tell You
- Top 10 Laws Violated by Expats in Saudi Arabia
- 13 Un-known facts About Albaik
- Top 10 Fattest Countries in the World
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Saudis for 2014
- 10 Astonishing Bans on Men and Women in KSA
- 10 mind blowing facts about Saudi Arabia