Living in Saudi Arabia requires a lot of payments made to the government authorities. These payments are normally paid by the SADAD system. SADAD is a very well developed system which offers its users to pay the bills, government fee and other payments online using Internet or ATM Banking. Most of the people living in Saudi Arabia have internet banking or ATM cards so they can easily make these payments. However, there is a significant portion of the population who either don’t have internet banking, ATM or they don’t know how to use it. As a result of this, they have to take help of agents sitting in front of Jawazat and other offices to make government payments. We strongly condemn this act of making your payment from someone else’s internet banking account. You may ask the reason of not letting others to make payment on your behalf and the answer is given below.
Why you should not pay government fee through Agent?
- Let’s say, after making the payment, you have changed your mind. Now you have decided that you are no more applying for the service. You would not be able to refund back the money. The money will be refunded in the account of the person who has made the payment. Even if that agent agrees to get refund, you will have to visit him several times since the refund process takes time. Your hard earned money will be at risk. We have explained the procedure of getting money refunded from Ministry of Interior in this article. “Get Refund from Ministry of Interior”
- If the person who made the deposit is not with good intentions, he will get the money refunded after you leave his office. You will not be able to do anything if he does so. (Especially if you are an expatriate)
- These agents charge around SR 15-20 for this service.
- Making the payment through SADAD using internet banking is as easy as “ABC”. If you need any help in making payments, we have already written several guidelines for that. Please have a look on the related articles given at the end of this article.
- Payment of Fee for Transfer of Wife’s Sponsorship
- Payment of Fee for Extension of Visit Visa through Riyadh Bank
- Payment of Fee to Renew Istamara (Vehicle Registration)
- Payment of Fee for Renewal of Saudi Driving License