At the time of recruitment various employers promise salary raise in case performance is well done during probationary periods. In case the work went beyond expectations and an employee is satisfied with his performance and wants a raise in his salary he would approach his employer. The biggest obstacle in approaching an employer for this purpose is the hesitation of an employee that it would offend employer. This is not the actual solution; one can follow a compact way to ask for salary raise. In order to ask for desired level of raise in salary, one must sure of various things before setting any requisition in front of his employer. Following things must be taken care of before asking any raise in salary by employee. We can say that these are the etiquettes of asking for a salary raise from employer.
Etiquettes of asking for a Salary Raise from Employer
- Look up options available: In case you want a win situation for salary raise and it is expected that the employer would reject it, the safe side is to do it when you have another better option. A back up plan is necessary for successful operations. You can negotiate with your employer on this term that in case raise is not possible you better go for a new option. Don’t use this attempt in case you don’t really have a better option.
- Get information about company payroll rules: Get to know on what basis and after how much duration you company offers raise in salary. Inquire human resource management’s rules and regulations in order to get prepared for an accurate estimate about raise possible by employer in the light of company policies
- 8 Tips that can help you get a promotion
- Late Coming, early leaving and Gossiping is also corruption
- How to Identify an Office Bully?