In today’s competitive market it has become too difficult for employees to negotiate their expected or desired level of salary in such a tough competition regime. Due to high availability of educated and skilled workforce, employers have set high criteria for recruitment with average level of salaries. Employees need specific superior edges over other individuals in market with same levels of skills and capabilities. They have to motivate and attract employers to lower their criteria for job recruitment and to agree upon their desired level of salary packages. For this purpose special negotiation skills are required in order to overcome any deadlock in case employer does not agree to desired level of salary package. In case an employee lacks negotiation skills, he is unable to avail golden market opportunities. These negotiation skills are worth learning and are weapons of an employee for successful recruitment operation. The negotiation process starts when for the first time employer asks about salary expectations of an employee. He has to respond accurately from the start in order to avoid any misunderstanding in communication process. In order to carry on a desired level of negotiation process or to get the job on expected salary package, following precautions have to be taken into account.
- Set a targeted salary: While making a search for job in market, keep in mind expected level of salary package. Inquire and analyze market value for certain level of skills and qualifications. This analysis will help you to set a specific level of salary package according to talent and experience and different job options available. While the negotiation process starts during the interview process, state your concerns related to salary package owing to your strengths and talent. The employer will analyze your skills in the view of your response to interview questions, your verbal and nonverbal language and confidence level. In case you won’t negotiate from the very first time, it will set you at a low salary rate for rest of the period in organization. Average Salary by professions in Saudi Arabia is given in this link which can help you in getting an idea to set your targeted salary.
- Keep your expectations secret: Setting a target salary is necessary to develop an expectation regarding market value for specific skills and talent. This target should be just kept in mind, you need not to share it with your prospective employer as it will break monotony of negotiation process even before it starts. It is better to share your expectation regarding salary during your first interview when employer himself starts negotiation process. It does not seem appropriate to talk about money matters in case you are not going to accept job offer or for the reason manager has not selected you for final recruitment
- Expose target on second interview: Even it is recommended to share your salary expectation during second interview. The second all for interview depicts that managers are interested in recruiting you. This is the right time to negotiate your expectations in case company is offering low rate. You can start in a very humble way after paying gratitude for selecting you for the specific post. It is better to mention that it’s the right time in your view to talk over money matters
- Keep confidentiality: You need not to share your previous job salary package with prospective manager. This is something quite confidential and you better keep it to yourself.
Job Hunting in Saudi Arabia
- Useful Tips to Appear in Skype Interviews
- 10 Body Language Mistakes to Avoid in an Interview
- How to Dress for Job Interview?
- Innovative Ways to Apply for Jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Search for Job in Saudi Arabia
- Top 100 Companies of Saudi Arabia
- Average Salary by Profession in Saudi Arabia
- 7 things on your Facebook that are standing between you and your new job