Penalties on the Transporter of Illegal Residents
- For the first instance the carrier fine is SR 15,000 and one month imprisonment.
- Second instance fine is SR 30,000 and three months imprisonment.
- Third instance fine is SR 1000,000 and six months imprisonment.
- The maximum fine which has been imposed to one person so far is SR 675,000/- Saudi Gazette
- Fines are multiplied according to the number of individuals involved.
- If the carrier is an expatriate resident, his Iqama shall be terminated and he shall be deported to his country after the application of the penalty taken against him.
- Means of land transport shall be confiscated in case of repeating violation, whether such means were owned by the carrier, the accessory or the colluding party.
As you can read above, a small mistake can end your bright career in Saudi Arabia. The source of information of the above penalties is Ministry of Interior website. You can check about it yourself. However, it is important to mention here that this penalty and other provision will apply only if the expatriate is living in Saudi Arabia illegally. If someone’s Iqama is valid but he does not have Iqama at the time of checking, it is a different case. He will be fined with SR 1,000 to SR 3,000 in that case. Recommended: SR 3,000 Fine and deportation for not carrying Iqama
How to avoid such situations?
- It is better to check the Iqama of the expatriates you are transporting from one city to another if you are a professional driver.
- If you are private driver, it is suggested to at least ask from all the persons you are transporting about the validity and availability of your Iqama. Please keep in mind that a small mistake can lead to deportation.
- It seems unethical but it is my advice to not to give lift to anyone you don’t know.
Source: Arab News
- SR 150 fine for Tinted Windows in Saudi Arabia
- SR 2,000 Fine for Hiding Number Plate from Saher Cameras
- SR 10,000 Fine and 2 months Jail for Car Drifters
- SR 15,000 Fine, 1 Night in Jail and 30 Days Vehicle Confiscation if caught using Mobile while Driving
- 5 Facts about New Saher Cameras of Saudi Arabia