Saturday, 20 December 2014

Why Children Misbehave in Saudi Arabia?

On this blog we have discussed about many social aspects of Society. Today, we shall be discussing about a dilemma of misbehavior of Children. I think all of us have felt that Children are rude, misbehaved, and unacceptably naughty sometimes. Yes, they are children so we cannot blame them but there is something for which we need to think about. Why do they act like this? Before going to the reason of misbehavior, I would like to quote some experiences. However, it is important to mention here that I have also met with some children who are well mannered and they show up a good gesture.

Experiences with Children
These were early days of my arrival in Saudi Arabia and I was sitting in a park along the road. I was with one of my friends and we were eating Albaik. A group of children (9,10 years old) came there on cycles and they thrashed cycle into our meal. I was going to shout but my friend stopped me. They went away without even uttering a single word of “SORRY”. My friend told me to keep my calm and later on he told me that we cannot do anything. Another time, my cousin was sitting on a bench in a mall with her daughter. A child came there and started beating his daughter. Soon his mother came and dragged 4,5 years old child to another place. A common gesture of not uttering even a single word of “SORRY” or in Arabic “Maalish” was there.

Why Children Misbehave?
Now, let’s come to the point, why Children misbehave in the public? Well there are several reasons of it and I would like to narrate them one by one.

  1. The basic reason is the schooling system. I personally feel that classes of behavior and manners are missing from Schools. Children should be taught how they need to act in malls, on dining table, while entering to the room etc. My 8 years old nephew came from USA and let me aware about a mistake. He used to keep the door of any mall, store or office open unless all the people have entered to the room. These are manners which need to be taught to children as well.
  2. The second most important place to learn is “House”. Unfortunately, divorce rate in Saudi Arabia is very high. Most of the children see their parents fighting to each other from the childhood. When parents are in tension, they cannot focus on their children as they should.
  3. When they see their elders doing reckless things, they try to do it themselves. For example, when a child will see his elder brother doing drifting of car, he will try to follow him in his daily chores.


Post a Comment


Follow us in Google+