Exceptions to the Rule
The new rule of making the health insurance mandatory for each and every expatriate visitor coming to Saudi Arabia will not be applied to certain people. A list of those people has been provided below.
- Hajj and Umrah Pilgrims
- Diplomatic and Special Passport Holders
- Patients coming for Medical Treatment
- Guests of the country
- Employees of Multinational Companies
- Diplomatic Missions on the basis of reciprocal agreement
Benefits of making Health Insurance mandatory for Expat Visitors
Although the cost of bringing your family will be increased by the new law of making the health insurance mandatory for the visitors but there are several benefits as well. Insurance will cover expenses up to SR 100,000. If expatriate visitor gets sick or need treatment in any other way, you can get benefited from the high class hospitals of the Kingdom. Many wives of the expatriates have to go back to their home country for the delivery of child since they cannot afford the expenses of delivering child here. It is very expensive to do this. But with the introduction of this law, they will be able to do it very easily.
Cost of Health Insurance for Expat Visitor
Although it has not been decided yet by the authorities that how much will be the cost of health insurance for the expatriate visitors coming on Family Visit Visa but according to the opinion of some experts it will be like SR 100 per month per expatriate. You will have to take health insurance at the time of each extension of family visit visa.
Implementation of the Rule making Health Insurance mandatory for Expatriate Visitors
The rule of making health insurance mandatory for the expatriate visitors has been approved by the Saudi Cabinet. It will be implemented soon. But authorities have not disclosed yet about the expected date of implementation of the new rule. However, keeping in view the interest of the expatriate community in Saudi Arabia, I think it should be implemented as soon as possible. At the end, I would like to praise Saudi Government to be empathetic about the needs of expatriate community in Saudi Arabia.
Source: Arab News
Family Visit Visa
- Apply for Family Visit Visa Online in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
- Recent Experience to Apply for Family Visit Visa
- Apply for Extension of Family Visit Visa Online
- Extension of Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
- What to do if Family Visit Visa Expires?
- Payment of Fee for the Extension of Family Visit Visa
- How to Find Border Number Online
- No Extension of Family Visit Visa beyond Six Months (180 Days)