KSA has a detailed schedule of flights especially due to travelling of expats inside and outside the Kingdom. This extension in flight schedule imports various responsibilities on Airport and flight authorities. Passengers pay a huge amount in lieu of air tickets and in return they expect a customer oriented service. Recently a case spotted where a 12 years old boy got injured inside the plane and flight management could not help him for his treatment. This kind of issues put a big question mark on customer care sections of flight authorities. Growing air travel creates need for more compatible arrangements in order to facilitate passenger at maximum. Passengers have various rights in regard to be facilitated during their air journey to Kingdom. Some of the rights are as follows;
- Rights of Air Passengers in case of Delayed Flight: GACA regulations explained different compensations for the passengers according to the time duration of flight’s delay. I mention them as follows:
- If the passenger is there at the airport and flight is being delayed, the airline is bound to give special care to the passenger and the passenger is also entitled to soft drinks and snacks as well, after pone hour of delay in departure of flight.
- The airlines are bound to arrange hot meals for the passengers after a delay of three hours in the flight’s departure.
- If in case the delay in flight departure occurs for a duration exceeding six hours, the passengers waiting for the flight shall be given hot meals, they shall be provided with accommodation and airline is also bound to pay a financial compensation of 300 Saudi riyals per hour however the compensation shall not exceed an amount of 3000 SR in total. Recommended: SR 300/Hour – Compensation to be paid by Airlines to Flight Passengers in case of Delays
- If an airline postpones the flight and passenger is informed about this delay seven days before the time of flight’s departure, the passenger is entitled to get the amount of ticket to be given back without any deduction and if the airlines informs about the delay earlier than seven days than the passengers have two options; they may get the ticket refunded or they may ask for a confirm seat on some other flight departing on the same date or within a time of a day or two.