Search

Monday, 12 January 2015

How difficult is it to file a sexual harassment case in Labor Office for an Expat woman?

I have some problems with my boss and my colleagues are suggesting me to file a case of sexual harassment against him. How difficult it is to go to labor office for this case?



Question by Visitor
DEAR SIR. I AM DOCTOR IN MOH AT NAJRAN REGION. I JOINED MOH ON 1-6-1434 FOR ONE YEAR. I DID NOT RENEW MY CONTRACT WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON 1-7-1435, AS I WAS HAVING PROBLEM BACK HOME AND IT WAS IN MY MIND THAT I MIGHT HAVE TO GO ANY TIME. NOW I HAVE TO GO IMMEDIATELY BUT MOH SAY THAT FIRST RENEW YOUR CONTRACT ONLY THEN YOUR FINAL EXIT VISA WILL BE PROCESSED. FURTHERMORE TO RENEW CONTRACT LICENCE FROM SAUDI COMMISSION FOR HEALTH SCIENCES IS REQUIRED WHICH I DONT HAVE. NOW HOW CAN I GET FINAL EXIT VISA IMMEDIATELY?



Answer by Steve
You cannot get final exit without permission of MOH. You should complete your contract and ask for final exit. You need to give resignation as per your contract. Non-renewal of contract makes a contract an indefinite contract as per Saudi Labor Law. Please read this article for resignation before contract completion date. “Fixed Term and Indefinite Contract



Question by Visitor
SIR, Thanks for guiding. What I understood from your kind reply and link you referred to was that although my written contract finished on 30-6-1435, it was considered renewed automatically with effect from 1-7-1435. Keeping this point in my mind I gave 30 days written notice to hospital director on 16 August. Today I went to him to check about progress on my resignation--I was horrified by looks he gave to me. He almost shouted half in English and half in Arabic. He said you first renew your contract in WRITING with effect from 1-7-1435 only then your resignation can be processed as your status is not in their SYSTEM. I told him I don’t have license from Saudi Health Authority which is required for written renewal of contract. He again shouted and said I AM NOT BOTHERED. SIR I AM LIVING ALONE HERE. I AM NOW AFRAID. WHAT SHOULD I DO???? My Egyptian colleagues are all giving different options. One has said go to labor court and file case that hospital director is sexually harassing me. This way I can go after lapse of 30 days written notice (resignation). HOPE YOU GOT MY POINT. KINDLY HELP ME.



Answer by Steve
I am really sorry to know about your condition. If he does not process your final exit, last choice is to go to labor office. But believe me, it is hell difficult as everyone takes side of Saudi sponsor. They do not care for you. Try to settle this within your hospital. Labor court should be the last option. A story of registering a case in labor office has been shared in this link “Registering a Case against Kafeel



Question by Visitor
SIR, I am really disturbed and more so after reading story in link you gave. One doctor has suggested going on emergency leave and sending resignation from there. IF I do that will I BE ABLE TO COME ON UMRAH AND HAJ LATER WITH MEHRAM? SIR-- THANKS FOR GIVING TIME

Answer by Steve
Yes you will be able to come on Umrah or Hajj Visa but there can be some ban for work visa. Please read into this link to know about the ban. “New Visa after Expiry of Exit Re-Entry Visa

Final Exit Visa
  1. Procedure of Final Exit from Saudi Arabia
  2. Procedure to Cancel Final Exit Visa
  3. Processing of Final Exit while Expatriate is out of KSA
  4. Where to submit the Iqama if Final Exit Visa issued online?
  5. List of Professions in Saudi Arabia
  6. List of Professions reserved for Saudis
  7. Overstaying after Visa (Iqama) Expiry in Saudi Arabia
  8. Coming back on new visa with other profession on visa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Follow us in Google+