After becoming official head of United States, President Obama put a ban on interrogation techniques and scope of CIA (Central intelligence agency of United States). After this ban, the agency was not entitled to arrest any person based on possibilities of involvement in any terrorism related activities without any solid evidence. In 2014, the agency has issued a report in which it has revealed various facts about torture program of agency. It stated that many persons were arrested without any evidence after the incident of 9/11. The detention program of CIA has imprisoned various persons belonging to different nations inside and outside the States without public acknowledgement and due availability of evidences. Despite of long-term effort for about more than one decade the agency could not achieve its targets and still things have to be settled related to war against terrorism. There are various facts regarding enhanced interrogation facts of CIA which reveal results of agency’s efforts such as;
- License to Torture: The enhanced interrogation program of CIA is simply an open way to Torture suspected people. There are no solid evidences available regarding majority of casualties and imprisonments taken by agency from various parts of world. CIA has established dark places where irrelevant people are strictly ban. One of that detention places is located in Afghanistan named, as Cobalt is a completely packed place equipped with different torture techniques like complete darkness, loud music, flashing lights and intolerable temperature. Prisoners are tortured in different ways like beating, dragging naked, punishing with broken bones and many other ways, which a living organism cannot tolerate for long or at all. Excessive and force feeding affected physical health of imprisoners and those who tried to resist were commonly given threats regarding murder or rape of their female family members like mothers and children.
- Time wastage: The Torture practice just resulted in death and physical damage of imprisons. It happened despite of the fact that many of them were innocent. Experts believe that torture is not working when the objective is to get some valuable information from an unwilling imprison. The torture program created an environment of oppression and fear and urged innocent imprisons to lie about their plots and involvement in terrorism activities in order to save him or herself from further pain.
- Casualties: CIA used torture program to extract secretive information from suspected people. The results were not that much favorable despite of huge money investment. The detainees might have died or became physically handicapped for rest of their lives. Many got affected from several physical and mental damages like insomnia, paranoia and hallucinations. 26 detainees among publically known imprisons were proved innocent but got severe mental damages due to torture program.
Latest News: Torture Cases in KSA
- Husband Locked His Wife in Bathroom for Three Years!
- Female Saudi Student died, after male nurse denied access to University
- Expat Survived but Knife will remain in his Head
- Nurse brutally assaulted and tortured by Patients
- Girl Married to fake Saudi abandoned after 18 Years