Choosing the Right Gas Pump
When you arrive at the gas pump ready to fill in your car with gas you must make sure you know what kind of gas powers up your vehicle. The three types that are genuinely used are ethanol, gasoline and diesel. You may easily locate the desired pump since they are all apart from one another but on other stations they may be right beside one another. If you have filled in the wrong diesel don’t start your car until you drained out the gas and given it a wash several times since that can damage your vehicle.
- Which side is the Gas Tank on?: Before you pull up to the gas station make sure you know which side is your gas tank on, whether on the left or the right from the driver’s seat. This most often depends from vehicle to vehicle. The easiest way to locate the gas tank is by taking a look at the gas gauge that points towards which side. If you haven’t had the time to you can always switch back to the other row at the station if there isn’t much of a rush.
- Park the Car: In many stations you’ll have to park in the car in order to pay for the gas. When you are heading somewhere inside to swipe your credit card, make sure you turn off the engine of your car and remember which pump your car is parked at. This information you’ll have to provide to the man in charge for collecting the pay. You may need to provide a signature or two in order for your transaction to be complete.
- No Cigarettes: If you’ve been smoking or you have a cigarette lighted up, make sure you get rid of it before driving to the station and light it back up after you’re done. One single spark can set a fire since gasoline vapors are very volatile.
- No Cellphones: It’s always advisable to avoid something that may be dangerous. Make sure you switch of your cell phones or avoid using them when you’re at a gas station.
- Open the Tank: Make sure that once you’re opening the tank cap you do not place it under the nozzle trigger. If you’re in a country where you are not allowed to fill in yourself makes sure you keep an eye on the person assigned to fill your car.
- Pick the write dispenser: In many countries there are different types of gases and gasoline available varying on the mixture. Choose according to the one stated in your vehicles manual.
- Pick the Nozzle: Pick the right one and plug it in the open tank. Press the trigger slowly so that you can slow down the rate of evaporation and save yourself money. Place it back once your tank is full or when you have reached our limit.
- Drive away: Close the cap of your tank and drive away!
- Tips by MOI for expats holding Iqama
- 6 Things to Avoid After Indo-Pak Cricket Match in Saudi Arabia
- Top Reasons to Avoid Western Union for Remittance
- How to become Rich in Saudi Arabia?
- Tips on Grocery Shopping in Jeddah