With the introduction of Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia, the traffic accident rate has been reduced significantly. I have observed that Saher Cameras have been installed by the Traffic Department but still people don’t know what they actually need to do to Take Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras. This is the reason; you will find many people on red lights stopping their cars on the rightest lane of the road due to fear of Saher Cameras. They don’t want to take right turn due to fear that Saher Camera will flash resulting in traffic violation. Problem is that they don’t know how they need to take right turn as usually Saher Camera flashes even when you are taking right turn. In this post we shall be discussing about the legitimate way to take right turn on red light with Saher Cameras.
Legitimate way to Take Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia
While taking right turn on red light with Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia, you need to take care of the following points. If you take care of these points, Insha Allah Saher Camera will never flash upon your vehicle. Keep in mind that taking right turn from the red light is allowed in Saudi Arabia. Moreover, it is also important to mention here that flashing of Saher Camera does not mean the penalty has been imposed upon you. Each and every picture taken by the cameras is manually checked by the staff before imposing penalty. If you fulfill all the below mentioned conditions and still Saher Camera flashes upon you, don’t worry. You will not receive SMS for the violation.
- Keep your vehicle on the rightest side of the road if you want to Take Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia. Keep it as much right as possible. The basic reason of flashing Saher Cameras upon vehicles is that they don’t keep it on rightest side. Saher Camera detects that you are taking right turn from the second lane and flashes up.
- Keep the right indicator on while taking Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia. If you don’t switch it ON and Saher Camera flashes, they will be able to impose fine upon you.
- Stop the vehicle once before taking Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras and after that move slowly.
- Your speed at the time of taking Right turn on Red Light with Saher Cameras should not be more than 15 Km / Hour.
Crossing Red Light is a Crime
There are several causes of Road Accidents in Saudi Arabia and one of them is crossing red light at the signals. When you cross red light, you don’t only put your life in risk but also the life of many other people who have not done anything wrong. Considering the gravity of the crime, Saudi Government has passed a new rule according to which Crossing Red Light will result in 24 Hours Jail. In the neighboring countries like UAE, penalty is much harsher than this and it may lead to suspension of driving license. In Saudi Arabia, you will be receiving fine of SR 500 to SR 900 upon each incident of crossing red light. Even Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia has given a Fatwa that crossing red light is one of the bigger sins in Islam. But it is important to mention here that in Saudi Arabia, you are allowed to take right turn from the red light. But still when Saher Cameras are on, many people get fine or penalty on taking right turn from the red light with Saher Cameras. Well, the reason is that they don’t know the exact procedure of doing so.
- 5 Facts about New Saher Cameras of Saudi Arabia
- Get Location and Time of Traffic Violation
- Saher System of Traffic Regulations in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Crossing Red Light will result in 24 hours of Jail
- Check Traffic Violation under your Iqama
- Finding Traffic Violation Number Online
- List of Traffic Fines in Saudi Arabia
- Traffic Violations Point System in Saudi Arabia
- Slogans on Vehicles will be fined SR 300