I need to know if the marital status of the sponsor in his passport needs to be changed from single to married, in order to apply for a permanent visa for his family?
Question by Visitor
I need to know if the marital status of the sponsor in his passport needs to be changed from single to married, in order to apply for a permanent visa for his family. There must be many expats here who have been working since before they got married, so their marital status in the passport may have been single even after they got married. Reply would be appreciated.
Answer by Steve
- If husband wants to bring his wife on permanent family visa, marital status on the passport of wife should be "married". Yes off course he has to change his marital status in his Passport, but if it is written in it. Like in Pakistani Passport there is no marital status in it. Every Pakistani Man gets this Passport which only shows his Father's Name. There is no Spouse name on it. So no need for Pakistanis to change the martial status in their Passport as it is not mentioned anywhere. However, once he gets the yellow paper (Family Visa), then the original yellow paper must be sent to family for visa processing.The sponsor's wife in Pakistan must follow the following steps.
- However, if wife is applying for permanent family visa for her husband, the marital status must be changed to married before applying for it.
- Get overseas ID Card, in which her husband name has to appear instead of her father name
- Get Passport showing her husband name instead of her Father's name.
- She has to Attest Nikkah Nama from Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pakistan. All other translation and attestation leave it to Authorized Agent.
- Your Children must have Passport showing there father's name (Boys Age should be less than 18-years, Girls should not be married)
- Children's Birth Certificates from Nadra. (Attestation of Foreign Affairs Pakistan) + All other Attestation and translation leave it to Authorized Agent.
- Every Child should and must have Passport, even for a newly born child.
- Note: List of Authorized Agents can be obtained from Saudi Embassy....OR the most reliable agent is PPA (Pakistan Progressive Association).....Beware of Fake Agents
Permanent Family Visa Online
- Apply for Permanent Family Visa Online
- Reasons behind Errors while Applying for Permanent Family Visa Online
- Check Status of Permanent Family Visa Application submitted Online
Permanent Family Visa through Istiqdam
- Apply for Permanent Family Visa through Istiqdam
- Procedure to Book online Appointment with Istaqdam
- Tips to get Permanent Family Visa for Father and Mother
- Procedure to Check Status of Permanent Family Visa
- Sample Letter from Employer to Apply for Permanent Family Visa