The city of Al-Hofuf is one of the most respected and important cultural city. It is situated in the center of the Eastern Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and located very close to the world's largest convectional oil fields namely Ghawar oil field. The specialty of the city of Al-Hofuf is that it is the Kingdom’s largest date producer with over nearly 2 million date palm trees in the largest oasis. One who takes a trip to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must make sure that he or she does visit this city that with holds many historical landmarks as well keeping intact with the modern developments as well. This city has a very hot and arid climate during the summers just as most of the cities of the Kingdom though the winters get warmer from cold after the raining. Despite that today’s read is a tour guide for the landmarks about this city that have always been the center of attraction by the tourists.
- Al Ahsa Archaeological and Heritage Museum: The first up landmark that one must visit once in the City of Al-Hofuf has to be the Heritage and archeological museum within the city which is constructed on a very small area an one can easily cover up all the exhibits in one hour flat. This particular museum was built during the 1980’s with an area of land area 7000 square meters. It was opened for visitors in the year of 1987 which provided a lot of information on geology. This museum is open every morning from 8am to 2:30pm and evening timings of 4pm to 8:30pm on the weekdays and 8am to 1pm on Thursdays and 4pm to 8:30pm on Fridays.
- Qasr Ibrahim (Ibrahim Palace): From the museum to this Palace it will take you 15 minutes nearly. The reason to spend time here is because of the architecture of the palace along with spending time inside the tiny museum within the Palace. The work on this palace began during the early 1550’s by the Ottoman Governor. Later after the establishment of the Kingdom it was further constructed. It is extremely hot outside the mosque but the inside of the mosque provides a good pleasant atmosphere. The Palace is open from dawn to dusk for all its visitors.
- Places to Visit in Qatif, Saudi Arabia
- 8 memorable things about Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Top 10 Restaurants in Dammam / Al-Khobar