Most of us know that the bank account is frozen by the banks if you don’t provide them with copy of the renewed Iqama every year. The procedure to unfreeze the account has already been described on this blog. You can read into this link to know about the procedure to unfreeze the bank account “How to Unfreeze a Frozen Bank Account in Saudi Arabia”. However, I am still unable to understand this system of freezing the bank account of individual at the expiry of Iqama and unfreezing it when that individual comes to the bank with renewed Iqama. When everything is online, why it cannot be? Today we shall be talking about the procedure to withdraw money from Frozen bank account on new iqama.
Complication in withdrawing money from Frozen bank account on new iqama
There is a little bit Complication in withdrawing money from Frozen bank account on new iqama. Let’s suppose you had an account in NCB and there was some balance in it. You left Saudi Arabia on emergency leave and could not withdraw your money. Now you have come back to Saudi Arabia in new visa and new Iqama. You can expect that the account has already been frozen since you have not provided them with the copy of Iqama. The issue is a bit complicated since you don’t have same Iqama number as you had before. Bank recognizes you with your Iqama number. Well you don’t need to worry about it. There is a procedure to withdraw money from frozen bank account on new Iqama.
Procedure to withdraw money from Frozen Bank Account on New Iqama
- First of all you need to go to the same branch of the bank where you used to operate account. If it is not possible to go to same branch as you have moved to some other city, it is better to go to their main branch. It is more likely that the smaller branches will not handle your case. Let them know about the whole scenario.
- They will ask you to stay a little bit and you should be ready to wait a lot. The guy who has shared this experience with us spent 8 solid hours in the bank to withdraw money from frozen bank account on new iqama.
- Soon you will be asked to sign series for forms to open bank account in the branch. It is better if you bring letter of introduction from your employer so that bank account can be opened without any hassle. This new account will be opened on new Iqama.
- Once the bank account is opened, you will be required to fill and sign another form which is required to transfer your entire funds from previous account to new account. As soon as the transfer is made, you will receive an SMS from the bank confirming the transfer.
- You will be required to sign third set of forms to close the already opened bank account on your old Iqama.
- After all this, they will ask you to sign another form for ATM card. You can use this ATM card to withdraw money from frozen account on new Iqama.
- Reactivate Frozen Bank Account in Saudi Arabia
- SADAD Payment System in KSA
- List of Banks in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- List of Banks in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Do Not Pay Government Fee through Agents
- ATM Scam: Card Skimming Device at Cash Withdrawal Machines