Following some etiquettes while using an elevator is an important topic which many of you might not know. Should one talk to the person accompanying you in elevator or push the buttons or hold the door. Some might be afraid of heights and some may suffer from anxiety because of claustrophobia. Following are some rule you must follow for a comfortable elevator ride. There are some safety rules which we must follow. For example, while boarding the elevator, make sure that the elevator is there. It happened in the office of my friend that the guy entered in the elevator while the elevator was not there. So he reached to the ground floor very quickly.
Etiquettes to follow in Elevators
- Wait for boarding by standing towards the right of the elevator. There might be some people who need to exit on that floor so allow them to do that first before boarding. When everyone is off, you can board!
- It is the right of the person standing on your right to enter to the elevator first. It is considered very bad manner in Saudi Arabia if you try to enter in Elevator without offering first chance to the person standing at your right. You can use the word “Yameen” for that.
- Whether to hold the door or not is a huge debate! There are two options
- If there are a lot of people in the elevator don’t hold the door because there is no space already and you are delaying everyone.
- If you are alone it’s good to hold the door for the person approaching
- Never hold door for someone who went to restroom of coffee shop
- When holding the door don’t exceed 15-20 seconds
Etiquettes of Living in Saudi Arabia
- Special Etiquettes of attending Meetings in Saudi Arabia
- Etiquettes of Drinking ZamZam Water
- Shopping Etiquette in Saudi Grocery Stores
- Email Etiquettes in Saudi Work Environment
- Airport Etiquettes to enter in KSA
- Etiquettes of Drinking and Presenting Arabic Qahwa
- Etiquettes of using Toilets in Saudi Arabia