The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said “if somebody takes seven ajwa dates in the morning, neither magic nor poison will hurt him that day” (sahih bukhari vol.7 book 71 no.664). The Quran and Hadith lay great emphasis on the benefits of consuming ajwa dates. Being Muslim, it is our belief that each and every word said by the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W is true so this Hadith regarding Ajwa dates cannot be wrong. Taking it into consideration, many people researched on benefits of eating Ajwa dates scientifically and they came up with these findings.
Benefits of Eating Ajwa Dates
- Science tells us that these dates are filled with vital minerals and other various nutrients that help our body grow, heal and continue to function normally. These nutrients consist of potassium which is essential for life and vital for the heart.
- Ajwa Date also regulates your blood pressure and helps your kidneys function better.
- Ajwa Dates also contain magnesium which helps keep your heart rhythm steady and keeps your bones strong.
- Calcium which is good for bone and teeth and also plays a vital role like nerve signal transmission is also found in the Ajwa dates.
- Eating Ajwa dates daily can protect you against diseases like atherosclerosis which is a leading factor in most heart attacks and strokes.
- Consuming Ajwa dates also helps ease the pain of childbirth. In comparison to normal foods that we eat every day we obtain more nutrients and minerals as well as amino acids per serving.
- Ajwa Dates also contain a high percentage of carbohydrates, 15 salts and minerals, 14 types of fatty acids, 23 amino acids, six vitamins and a large number of dietary fibers.
- According to a recent survey in the medical field, it is generally acknowledged that the consumption of ajwa dates also helps prevent abdominal cancer.
- Dates help pacify any feelings of hunger as the nutrition from the dates is being absorbed. Ajwa Dates are also one of the most versatile foods that help with the digestive process.
- It is believed that consumption of Ajwa dates helps keep your eyes healthy throughout your life and also helps prevent night blindness.
- The heat that is found in Ajwa dates can be used by couples to help them get pregnant and greatly increase their libido.
- Ajwa Date is also a great alternative to sports drinks and energy drinks that you find people consuming at the gym. Gym enthusiasts can indulge in a basic ajwa date milkshake which will provide them more strength and muscle repair than any protein shake or sports drink found in the market. Not to forget, they are free from any preservatives and chemicals and will do no harm to the body in the long run, something that these sports drink do to the body.
Importance of Dates in Islam
The importance of dates in Islam can be seen when Muslims all around the world break their fasts and close their fasts by eating dates and water, this helps prevent Muslims from over eating after not eating or drinking anything from sunrise to sunset. Islam has taught us things that go hand in hand with science hence neither science nor religion can disagree on the fact that one of the best things you can do for yourself is to consume dates in whatever form you like best, and it is one investment on yourself you don’t want to miss out on.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Tips to get a flat belly in Saudi Arabia
- Get sparkling white teeth by these 7 natural remedies
- Strategies to get Emergency Treatment in Saudi Arabia
- How to save someone when heart attack symptoms appear
- How to Use Alcohol to cure Cold?