When I came here in Saudi Arabia my body weight was 70 Kg. After that I touched around 85 Kg but could manage to control and reduce it to 75Kg again. Most of the diet we eat in here is oily with abundance of calories. Due to weather conditions, we don’t walk a lot here. Most of the times, our daily walk is restricted to the place where we park our car to the elevator of our office. Every one dreams of a flat stomach and wonders what it takes to get one! We will just mention some tips which might help you.
- Instead of stuffing your stomach by three time meal, divide the portions throughout the day with 2-3hrs gap so that they get sufficient time for digestion and don’t stick to your belly.
- Reduce high fiber food intake specially beans, cauliflower, broccoli that causes bloating and gas. Eliminate these for a week then add it after in minimum quantities in your diet.
- When you take in these fiber foods, take special enzyme containing Beano for its breakdown of complex particles in to simple sugars.
- Fruits and vegetables stretch your stomach so take them throughout the day in small portions.
- You might have lactose intolerance if dairy products cause gas and bloating. In that case, have low lactose food like yogurt or small portions of dairy products. Also you can buy lactose-free products or take in Lactaid for its breakdown.
- Food such as papaya, banana, avocado, which are high in potassium, works as a diuretic and reduce the puffiness in your belly preventing water retention
- Try to take dinner at least 3,4 hours before you go to sleep.
- Water intake is really important for a flat belly. Hydrate yourself as much as you can which keeps your stomach full so you eat less. It breaks down fat maintaining metabolism.
- You can add lemon, orange and herbs to make infused water which is a refreshing drink.
- Consume green tea which contains anti-oxidants to detoxify your body and burn extra fat.
- Consume smoothies specially watermelon which has an additional advantage of arginine which is responsible for fat burn and increase in lean muscle mass.
- Bromelain is present in pineapple smoothie that improves digestion and reduces bloating.
- Ginger reduces bloating and eases digestion to reduce belly fat. Make ginger tea for its benefits.
- Peppermint aids in digestion as well so take in peppermint tea. No doubt that’s the reason why restaurants offer peppermint candies after meals.
- Reduce alcohol intake as it reduces fat burn and stores more fat as compared to normal.
- Avoid carbonated fizzy drinks because it can cause gas and bloating in your stomach
- Avoid sorbitol which is an artificial sweetener adding to the calories
- Exercise is the essence for flat belly
- Brisk walk for 150 minutes or tough aerobic exercise for 75 minutes per week can help alot in flattening your stomach.
- Crunches work out on your abdominal muscles.
- Pelvic Tilt Crunches and Arms Over Straight-Leg Crunches are among the most efficient ones.
- Work on your core which is made of not only abdominals but hips and pelvis too. Side plank, pushup workout and climbing rope can help you with it.
- Stand stiff, tall and straight lining your ribs with stomach and assume a flat belly
- Choose the right fabric, wear belts, play with patterns and choose colors in which you look thin. Also go for designs that are not concentrated on your mid-section.
- Wearing a shape wear especially high-waisted bike short can help you look slim and smart without any discomfort.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Top 10 Fattest Countries in the World
- Best Gyms and Sports Clubs in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Strategies to get Emergency Treatment in Saudi Arabia
- How to save someone when heart attack symptoms appear
- How to Use Alcohol to cure Cold?