After looking at this image, what comes in our minds is that, for a non-Muslim, living in Saudi Arabia, must be really difficult. It is taken in a negative way, and mostly it is assumed that Muslims torture or make difficult for them to live in their country but that’s not the case actually. The two beliefs are actually very different as Muslims believe on Allah and have strong faith in Him. They follow the commands given by him and put all their trust in this belief for their guidance in every aspect of life. Those Non-Muslims first of all should clear up their minds against Muslims and all negative thoughts should be washed out. Muslims are peace living people; they are friendly and always welcoming no matter if it’s a Non-Muslim even. They should feel safe and privileged to live among such kind people avoiding few extremists.
Tips to Live in Saudi Arabia as Non-Muslims
- There is a small fraction of individuals known as extremists that are less open minded and may make the lives of Non-Muslims difficult by physically or verbally attacking them. These Non-Muslims should beware of such radical Muslims who are found to imprison them, torture or demand ransom money because they are not Muslims Without having any personal knowledge.
- Always consider the facts and figures before moving in to an Islamic country. Search whether the other Non-Muslims already living in Saudi Arabia are safe and satisfied or not. Always stay prepared for unexpected incidents.
- Don’t provoke the individuals around you. Living freely does not mean you favor your religion in front of Muslims and discuss the differences and try to prove them wrong. Respect Muslims and their beliefs and if you want to discuss the topic participate in open debates with people who are interested. Do not force others.
- Work together with individuals belonging to other religions as well and good people such as Jews because all these are also targets of those radical Muslims. These are neutral and safe people.
- Write out your experiences and stories and different situations you faced so that the world knows.
- Don’t be judgmental. Dress up to mingle and merge with them. Be tolerant and do friendship with the locals, either join social clubs or sports groups. Accept the customs and differences and don’t argue. Maintain good relations with them
- Whatever you do, you will get it in return. Yes! Do good with them, act fair and honest and you will be given the same kind of treatment in return. This does not mean being honest in religion and provoking the differences instead do not cheat in business and refrain from frauds. Don’t expect anything in return, this will surprise you
- If you have a dog, respect the Muslim belief and keep them away as they are regarded as unclean. Wear gloves while carrying them. Some extremists killed these individuals due to this fact.
- Christianity and Islam are very close and resemble a lot. The Jews as well are in this league because all of them follow a book and have faith in similar beliefs.
- Tips for Non-Muslims invited on Iftar during Ramadan
- Punishment for Non-Muslims for entering to Makkah and Madina
- Tips by MOI for expats holding Iqama
- 6 Things to avoid on Saudi National Day!
- 6 Things to Avoid After Indo-Pak Cricket Match in Saudi Arabia