Population growth rate refers to the variation in population numbers over a fixed period of time, often expressed as a percentage of the amount of individuals in a population at the beginning of the set time period. A positive rate of growth shows that the population is growing, while a negative rate of growth states that the population is going down. Growth rates can also be nil, which indicate that population remained same during the beginning and end of the set time.
- If we look at the top 5 countries with lowest or negative growth rate, at the top of the list is Syria at -9.73 percent. Syria is renowned to be one of the earliest civilizations and was known to be a center of Neolithic culture at around 10,000B.C. Human remains which have been found in Syria indicate that Neanderthals had lived in Syria since around 100,000B.C. It is recorded that the population for Syria in 2010 was 21.53 million but if it goes on like this, their population is presumed to go down to 14 million by 2020.
- Second on this list are the Cook Islands who have a population growth rate of -3.00 percent. The Cook Islands comprise of 15 islands which are classified under Northern, Southern or Other Islands. These islands are also the largest producer of black pearls and its people are known for their excellent wood carving skills, a skill which is passed down to each generation. The population of the islands according to a census in 2011 was 14,974, however due to limited jobs and an economy which is largely based on tourism; many people have started leaving the Islands. The population is expected to go down to around 10,111 people by 2021.
- Next on this list is Moldova with a population growth rate of -1.02 percent per annum. Moldovans are known for their insatiable quest for alcohol and are the top consumers of alcohol worldwide. They also possess the official largest collection of wine in the world. Moldova also boasts a faster internet connection than America, Norway and about 150 more countries. The population of Moldova has been estimated around 3.52 million in 2010 and is estimated to fall to 3.1 million by 2020.
- Next on our list we have Saint Pierre which is the sole remnant of the once mighty French colonial empire in North America. It is located 10 miles south of Newfoundland. The population growth for the country is -1.02 which is tied in with Moldova. The population for the country is at 6080 people in 2011 and is expected to go down to around 5500 people by 2021.
- Lastly we have Bulgaria with a population growth rate of -0.83. It is the oldest country in Europe not to change its name since being established. The capital city Sofia is 7000 years old which makes it the second oldest city in Europe. The population in 2010 was estimated at 7.3 million which is estimated to go down to 6.7 million by 2020.
Miscellaneous Information about KSA
- Houses without Address in Saudi Arabia
- No Return Policy at Lingerie Shops in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Expatriates and their Loyalty to the Kingdom
- Terrible Customer Service of Jarir Bookstore
- A visit to the Carpet Cleaning Shop in Saudi Arabia