Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia, and over eating disorders are very common these days with upcoming generations. It is fairly common in young individuals specially girls. In children, it is not properly diagnosed. If recognized earlier, the outcomes will be far better. Eating disorders are associated with some conditions such as constant rejecting the food, following strict diets, regardless of the weight, running to bathroom immediately after eating, secretly binging large amounts of food, increase intake of laxatives/diuretics, excessive exercise and appetite suppressant medications. Following is some information regarding eating disorders. Some of you might catch yourself suffering from it or a close one while reading it.
CAUSES OF EATING DIOSROER
- Factors responsible for eating disorders include
- Genetics and medical history - individuals having parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders are more susceptible to it.
- Addictive disorders and psychiatric issues- these individuals might be suffering from excessive anger problem, low self-esteem, low confidence, family or personal disturbances or too much perfectionism.
- Social, cultural and environmental factors often media attracts individuals to get the desired thin, slim body shape. Such people then believe that thin figure is the only key to fame and success. Peer pressure may also have a rule in this regard.
- Anorexia Nervosa in this disorder the person starves intentionally avoiding food strictly in order to get a slim shape which actually is unhealthy
- Bulimia Nervosa in this disorder the person eats excessively (binging) and then getting rid of the calories excessively (purging)
- Binge eating disorder in this one the person eats excessively, consuming calories over a short period but secretly
The point is how to recognize if a person is suffering from an eating disorder or not. It is a condition in which women are self-obsessed with their thin figure to an extent when they starve badly crossing the limits, gaming excessively and not consuming the daily routine calories for maintaining a healthy life. Physical, behavioral and emotional signs and symptoms
- Underweight with prominent bones and sunken appearance of face
- Fatigue and weakness
- Dizziness, fainting or vertigo
- Brittle hair and nails
- Amenorrhea or Menstrual ups and downs
- Tiny fine hair covering the body
- Rejecting food
- Denying hunger
- Excessive workout
- Eating only low in fat and calories food
- Adopting rigid practices such as cutting food into tiny pieces or spitting food after chewing
In this eating disorder it feels like getting attacks of binging and purging where an individual cannot control and consume large quantities of food in a very short time totally opposite from anorexia nervosa. Between the attacks the person skips meal or consumes very little.
- Abnormal bowel movements
- Damaged teeth, gums with sore throat and heartburn
- Scars on hand/fingers used to induce purging
- Salivary glands Swollen
- Amenorrhea or Menstrual issues
- Hiding food and Eating secretly
- Self-induced vomiting
- Using laxatives/diuretics
- Excessive gamingand bathroom rush after eating
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Health Benefits of Drinking Camel Milk
- 7 Ways to Recycle in Saudi Arabia and Keep the Environment Green
- 9 Reasons Why Men Get Fat in Saudi Arabia
- The Science behind Kidney Stones
- Healthy and Unhealthy effects of Sleeping on your Health