Types of Travel Insurances
- Medical coverage policy which provides you coverage if you become sick during your trip. You will also be covered for the ambulance charges or the helicopter airlift to the hospital. Some policies, in case of death, offer monetary compensation to your beneficiaries.
- In case you want to cancel the flight, due to whatever reason, trip cancellation policy will cover the cost of doing so. You will also be reimbursed for any payments that you may have made. Even in case of a family member’s death, the ticket cancelation is allowed.
- Baggage insurance policy, which reimburses you for your damages, lost or stolen luggage. This policy also provides coverage for any accidents you might have in a rental car.
There are many reasons to purchase travel insurance, some of which are;
- If you fall ill or a relative dies and you want to cancel your flight, most airlines would not reimburse you, unless you have trip cancellation coverage.
- You miss out on your connecting flight due to any reason; travel insurance allows you to get on another flight.
- Your flight gets cancelled and you have no cash to buy a new ticket, you will be reimbursed and can buy a new ticket.
- Natural disasters such as hurricanes, blizzards or tornados are affecting the location you want to travel. Travel insurance will help you arrange an alternate location for your vacations.
- Due to the rise in terrorist attacks these days you will be reimbursed if you suffer any damages.
- During your trip, you get hurt or become sick; your medical expenses will all be covered.
- If you lose your luggage during travel, baggage travel insurance will reimburse you and you can buy everything again.
- If your hotel, airline or travel agency files for bankruptcy, the insurance will reimburse you for any payments you might have made to the respective companies. Non-refundable tickets can also be reimbursed in such cases.
How to Buy Travel Insurance?
For those wishing to purchase travel insurance, you can easily contact your health insurance provider for that. Most of the health insurance companies cover travel insurance for their subscribers as well. However, if you don’t want to take it, internet is the best place to do so. You should be clear on what type of insurance you would want and how much you are willing to pay. It is also important to compare policies before buying. Asking your travel agent can also be helpful. During your travels remember to keep a copy of your policy with you at all times. If you wish to file a claim, you need to present proof of the event happening. In case of health issues a doctor’s note is needed to cancel the booking.
Travelling from KSA
- Travelling from KSA to Other Countries
- Travelling from KSA to UAE
- Places to Visit
- Airlines Experiences
- Cultural Issues Abroad
- Tips to plan trip to go out of Saudi Arabia