Most of us living in Saudi Arabia are not aware that there are currently 7 Saudi-based airline companies namely al-Anwa Aviation, ASACO, Dallah Avco, Mid East Jet, Nas Air, SNAS Aviation, and Saudia. The latter company, formerly known as Saudi Arabian Airlines, is the nation’s flagship airline, officially owned by the Saudi Kingdom.
- Saudi Arabian Airlines: Saudi Arabian Airline is the national airline of Saudi Arabia. It started n 1945. The name of the airline was changed to Saudia after the entry into Sky Team airline alliance on 29 may 2012. Saudia operates domestically and internationally in Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. The main operational base of the airline is Jeddah King Abdul-Aziz International Airport. After the growth of other airports and airline, Saudia became from largest to third largest carrier in the region. The airline also launched its women’s office in Riyadh. The airline has received numerous awards as well.
- Flynas: Flynas formerly Nas air,was launched in 2007 in Saudi Arabia. It is a low cost carrier and operates with nearly 950 flights to 25 destinations every week, both international and domestic destinations. It is the country first and only budget airline. Flynas introduced a new program in February 2014. The aim of the program was to provide its passengers affordable rates for flights between Jeddah and Africa, Asia and Europe. The head office of the company is located in Riyadh on Al Salam Center’s first floor.
- Al Anwa Aviation: Al Anwa Aviation is a charter airline based out of Riyadh. It was among one of the seven Saudi – based airline companies until 2013.
- ASACO is also a charter airline based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. King Abdul-Aziz international airport Jeddah is the main base of ASACO. It is privately owned airline and operates domestic and international scheduled and charter services.
- SNAS Aviation established in 1979 and expanded its services after 1990s. Prince Saud bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud is the owner of SNAS.
- A charter airline Mid East Jet is based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It operates domestic and international scheduled and charter services and is privately owned premium class airline. The fleet of Mid East Jet contains 12 aircrafts as of 28 June 2010.
- Aviation services company, Dallah: Aviation services company, Dallah was founded in 1975.It is known to have extensive contracts with the Saudi Ministry. Dallah al Barak group is the parent company of Sheikh Saleh AbduallahKamel. Dallah co is the subsidiary and another subsidiary of Dallah group works for maintenance and construction contracts of two holy cities of Makah and Medina.
- 10 things Flight Attendants judge about you when you enter an Airplane
- Woman Gives Birth on Saudi Airline Flight SV 21 to New York
- Saudi Airlines Hostesses are one of the best in Business
- Why do Airplanes have round windows?
- 7 Categories of people who can use VIP lounges at Saudi Airports