Don’t you think this is similar to consumption of heroin and how the patients need to have some shots of it multiple times in a single day in order to feel better as they are addicted to it? Let’s just move on and talk about McGill University’s biggest research study on how painkillers are causing more deaths than heroin and cocaine combined. What exactly the research team did was that they collected stats of deaths caused after consumption of heroin and cocaine from various top sources. They then collected data on deaths from painkillers and compared the two. Some key findings and points were published in the American Journal of Public health, which we are mentioning as follows;
- United States and Canada are leading, topping the list with first and second position, where its population consumes highest quantities of opioids (painkillers) per capita.
- Over 16,000 deaths were reported in United States in 2010 resulting from painkillers.
- Such individuals don’t just consume one or two tabs; instead they take it in the maximum dose to obtain a euphoric state.
- As a result of such large doses, death ensues.
- If this is well known by the doctors, they must be taking some precaution
- The Centre of Disease control and prevention (CDC) reported that over 12 million individuals were found to consume painkillers without a valid prescription. Most of them were just taking it to feel high. It is also reported that in 50% of cases there is some other drug involved too, mostly alcohol or any other pharmaceutical pill.
- It is very well evident from research, results and statistics that the issue is quite serious.
Besides the seriousness of this issue and consumption of painkillers in large quantities, it is seen that the drug system in States is very messed up. Several individuals are arrested, looked upon and imprisoned for consuming marijuana and cocaine and different missions being planned for cracking these drug consumers, nothing is done to stop the painkiller addiction. These medical management societies just turn blind eye towards this issue which is more serious than those cocaine and heroin addicts.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Health Benefits of Drinking Camel Milk
- 7 Ways to Recycle in Saudi Arabia and Keep the Environment Green
- 9 Reasons Why Men Get Fat in Saudi Arabia
- The Science behind Kidney Stones
- Healthy and Unhealthy effects of Sleeping on your Health