These days, discovering that your significant other is cheating on you has become extremely common. The revelation of this truth is considered to be one of the most traumatic and painful experiences that one can suffer. Here are a few helpful tips for anyone going through such an ordeal;
- Do not make spontaneous decisions, as although these may seem the best solution at first but it will not help your wounds to heal any faster. Instead the couple should separately look at their relationship and if there is anything else which needs to be dealt with.
- Whether you are feeling angry, depressed, and confused or agitated you should accept these feelings. Feeling emotions just proves that you have overcome the initial shock of finding out and now are progressing towards regaining control of your feelings.
- There are cases when such news may cause people do develop sleep problems, eating disorders or nausea. These are simply caused by the huge amount of stress your mind is under; hence it is best if you take care of yourself.
- People should get as much sleep as possible, drink plenty of water and try their best to stay healthy and keep their body and mind balanced.
- It is common for people who have gone through such an ordeal to not find anything funny or humorous in the following days however it is recommended that funny movies, cartoons or favorite TV shows should be watched which can distract your mind from the pain that you are feeling.
- Some people try to suppress their tears as they do not want to appear weak, however this puts your mind and body under additional stress. Venting out or crying is normal and crying will help release some of the grief.
- Writing down your thoughts might be a great idea since so many of them are going through your mind during the time. Writing your feelings may also help ease the pain and burden if you cannot speak about it to someone else.
- Ask whatever questions you have in mind. The person concerned might help answer some of the questions in your head, which if left unanswered can cause major mental stress. Common questions would be why it happened and for how long has it been going on.
- Expert opinion and guidance should be taken if necessary to get you through the whole situation. However it is vital to find a good counselor who gives good advice and is known to respect client privacy privileges.
- If you have children, you should carefully think about how you want to go about the whole process.Many women do not leave their husbands for the sake of their children. However it is important to keep children informed of what is going on without giving out too much detail about the infidelity.
- If you eventually do decide to divorce your significant other, it is important that your financial strength be evaluated before such a decision. Housing and income should be focused on so that it may be figured out how you will go about life after the divorce.
Marriages in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Men and Pressure to Perform on Wedding Night
- Saudi Men are no longer choice for women – says Samar Al Muqren
- Western Misconception about Polygamy Practice of Islam
- Rapid Increase in Saudi Single Women
- Protecting the Rights of Men in Saudi Arabia