An extensive and strict inspection campaign which was launched on the Monday would spare not one single person. An official also states that any person who violates these rules of the establishment will be dealt with in the strictest manner.Sources inside the ministry who had information on the topic said that if any expatriate’s paperwork, which is related to the campaign, has been handed in to correct the workers status to the authorities, and has not, been cleared, the expat will enjoy amnesty until his paperwork is sorted out.
There has also been wide spread discontent with the policy, as many of the lower income expatriates work part time elsewhere just to survive. In the harsh working conditions of the desert it can often become impossible to sustain a lifestyle in the Kingdom as well as support your entire family back home.
Employers had also expressed their worries stating that now all those jobs that could have been done by a part time worker would have to be done by a full time worker, who would have to be formally hired by the company. Businessmen also stated that if there is already an employee willing to work part time additionally to his full time job, he would have to be paid over time. These added employees would eventually just drive up their operational costs.
Job Continuation under Saudi Labor Law
- Rights of Expatriates in Saudi Arabia
- Right of Air Ticket as per Saudi Labor Law
- Rules regarding Emergency Leave in Saudi Arabia
- Rule for Salary Increment in Saudi Arabia
- Rights of Employees in Absence of Contract in Saudi Arabia
- Vacations (Leaves) under Saudi Labor Law
- Leave Encashment under Saudi Labor Law
- Working Hours and Overtime in Saudi Arabia
- Fixed Term and Indefinite Contract