Mr. Javed who is a Chartered Accountant from Pakistan has shared his experience of registering himself with Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA). I really admire his efforts to educate his fellow accountants about the procedure. This is perhaps the most comprehensive guide written by any reader on this blog. Thanks a lot Mr. Javed! Keep in mind that if your profession is Accountant or General Accountant and you are seeking permanent family visa than its 1st step to get registered with Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA) prior to making appointment with Istiqdam. Following is step wise guide for registration with Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA);
- Eligibility Criteria: You can get membership of Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA) only if you have bachelors or higher degrees in accounting as shown in attached eligibility snap page which is displayed. Take your original Bachelors & Masters degree plus transcript with you. You need to have at least 5 accountancy subjects or 15 credit hours of accountancy subjects (usually 3 courses of 5 credits each) to get the membership. If your masters do not meet above requirement, you will have to upload both degrees & transcripts. For diploma Holders, they need to take prior approval of SOCPA before applying the membership.
- Sign up: Open website http://www.dfsocpa.com/Applicant/AccountDetail/SignUP from your browser and create your account by giving e-mail ID.
- Once you input E-mail ID, SOCPA will send Password on registered e-mail.
- Using Password and Email ID login to website and input your personal information. Here you need to upload scan copies of your certificate on whose basis you are seeking membership of SOCPA, Your last result card, Your Previous result card (Transcript of Record), Passport, Iqamma, Name change document if applicable (normally portal do not proceed so you can upload your Passport again or CNIC here) and finally the letter of authorization (this letter is available on information loading page below so print it and sign it and upload it.)
- Ask the guy who is dealing membership that you are seeking membership and definitely he will give you eligibility paper on hearing word of registration/membership. Ask him I have completed all the procedure and he will give you a membership form that is only in Arabic but do not worry. It is very simple you can fill it easily
- After filling form, handover it to that guy and he will ask your Iqama number and check whether you complied all procedure or not. If he is satisfied he will demand copy of certificate, passport, iqama and one passport size photo so keep these with you while visiting the office. Than he will take your online photo to be placed on.
Requirements of SOCPA for Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
SOCPA requires minimum Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or any other equivalent certificate as acceptable by the competent authorities in charge of equivalency of degrees. This requirement for our qualified members is no more an issue as we have convinced them and the SOCPA is now accepting the CA qualification enough to award the Associate Membership, irrespective whether one holds Bachelor's degree or not. ICAP Finalists are also eligible to get SOCPA membership but keep your experience letters and last passing certificate and result cards with you. Further here is email of ICAP KSA Chapter email@example.com
Mr. Nasser Al-Sudais
Location: MIZE Building, First Floor
Behind Jeddah Chamber of Commerce, Hail Street
After completing all online requirements For Jeddah SCOPA Office it is located in the Building name “Ministry of Labour" behind the chamber of commerce on 1st Flor. Office is on right side. If office is closed, check the other office name as "japan water" on left side. There is a Bengali guy there, he will take all your documents. His Mobile Number is 0501347643.
Khobar - Dammam office
Mr. Ahmad Bin Mohammed Al-Salem
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
cell: +966 0530377444
telephone: +966 3 8598019
fax: +966 3 8598193
Location: left from lift, third floor, Chamber of Commerce building at Khobar-Dammam highway adjacent to Abdullah Fuad building before Mercades Benz Showroom.
Timings: 8am to 2 pm
Changing Iqama Profession
- Procedure to Register to Saudi Council of Engineering
- Changing Iqama Profession in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Family Visit Visa Online in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Permanent Family Visa Online