When we see any topic related to oil reserves of different countries, our minds strike that Saudi Arabia will be on top of the list but surprisingly it is not the fact. We are going to tell you in detail about the top 10 countries having largest oil reserves, as shown in the reports of U.S Energy Information Administration. Total oil reserves of the world are 1.65 trillion barrels.
- Venezuela: Venezuela, situated in South America, is on the top of this list. The proven oil reserves of this country are 297.6 Billion Barrels. It supplied 2,489.2 Thousand Barrels per day in 2012 as shown in records.Though this country has larger oil reserves than Saudi Arabia but the annual production is considerably less than that of KSA.
- Saudi Arabia:Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the 2nd largest country with larger oil reserves. Its proven oil reserves are 267.91 Billion Barrels and it has a supply of 11,545.7 Thousand barrels per day. Saudi Arabia holds almost 17% of the world’s total oil reserves. It is placed on the top of the list as it world’s largest oil producer and exporter.
United Arab Emirates
Un-known Facts about the World
- Top 7 Countries with Muslim Population
- List of Countries by Military Spending
- Most Powerful Armies in the World
- The Top 6 Hardest Countries to Visit
- Top 20 Countries with the Highest Gold reserves